Wanted to buy

handsofbliss

I am a beginner looking for a nice English concertina (a tenor/treble 48 button to be specific). I have money to invest in a nice instrument, and cannot find one anywhere. If anyone knows of some leads or better yet has a great instrument they would love to sell, let me know. i have been looking all over. I have no problem finding anglos or duets even, but the right english has posed a challenge. Thank you much.

You might want to contact Greg Jowaisas--a member of this forum, and USA concertina repair guy extraordinaire. He always has some beauties on hand that he's cleaned up; is beyond reasonable in his prices; will usually throw-in a repair and upgrade services for the price. And if he does not have anything you are interested in, I'll bet if you can be patient he would find it for you. Sort of an experienced private consultant. Just a really good guy all the way around and really knowledgeable and always willing to share interesting insights. Michelle SE Wis USA

IS

I am a beginner looking for a nice English concertina (a tenor/treble 48 button to be specific). I have money to invest in a nice instrument, and cannot find one anywhere. If anyone knows of some leads or better yet has a great instrument they would love to sell, let me know. i have been looking all over. I have no problem finding anglos or duets even, but the right english has posed a challenge. Thank you much.

Hi handsofbliss

Are you looking for newly made, old/vintage/antique, etc. It would be a different suggestion if you lived in the US, or Europe, or the North Pole. Can you hint at which continent you live on?

Thanks

Leo :)

I am a beginner looking for a nice English concertina (a tenor/treble 48 button to be specific).

There could easily be confusion over exactly what it is that you're looking for, in that you could mean you're looking for either a 48-key treble (the most common configuration of English concertina) or a 48-key tenor (a very rare model), OR you could be looking for a tenor-treble that combines the ranges of the two, but they usually have 56 buttons... :unsure:

Hi there. I have just bought my favorite concertina --a tenor-treble, and I have two Wheatstone 48 key treble concertinas for sale. Feel free to contact me at deirdre@wildblue.net. If it works out for both of us I'll make a donation to concertina.net.

deirdre