FOR SALE: Wheatstone 36 key C/G Anglo

Tize

Hi all,

I'm selling my Wheatstone 36 key Anglo, (no 58250 - which I think is 1952?). I've had a brilliant time playing it, but concertina isn't my main instrument and I don't have enough time to play it any more to justify keeping it.

It has 10 fold bellows (because sometimes 6 or 7 just isn't enough?!!), metal ends and metal buttons. Gorgeous tone and very nice action, very easy to play. It does need a little bit of work - one new lever (high f'natural/g' - see photo1, middle row fourth button down) and one pad sticks occasionally (high d'/e') but I'm reliably informed by an expert that this isn't too expensive, just time consuming. The price will, of course, reflect this.

I'm looking for a relatively quick sale and am happy to accept any reasonable offer - please message me or email me on tricia[at]thestrideset.com . I'm located in Ennis, Co Clare, and if anyone is in the locality and wants to try the instrument I'm more than happy to oblige. I'll also include a soft gig bag with it.

I will of course make a donation to concertina.net if it sells on here.

Pictures below. More pictures uploaded at www.thestrideset.com/concertina

Many thanks,

Patricia Clark

IMG_2740%20%5B50%25%5D.JPG

IMG_2741%20%5B50%25%5D.JPG

IMG_2742%20%5B50%25%5D.JPG

IMG_2743%20%5B50%25%5D.JPG

Edited by Tize

• 4 weeks later...

i would buy this box for 1500.00 us dollars please let me know, i buy and sell trad instruments best regards.

1500.00 US dollars is equivalent to £917 or 1054 Euros at today's exchange rate and I would have thought that this anglo concertina, despite being a late Wheatstone, is worth much more than that, I would think, at least £2,000, which is double what is being offered here.

Chris

Hi Tize,

I hope you don't mind, but I've spread the word over on The Irish Concertina.

1500.00 US dollars is equivalent to £917 or 1054 Euros at today's exchange rate and I would have thought that this anglo concertina, despite being a late Wheatstone, is worth much more than that, I would think, at least £2,000, which is double what is being offered here.

Chris

Chris, if only £200 per Bellows Fold was a standard rule of thumb for all vintage Concertinas! ;)

Cheers

Dick

Hi Tize,

I hope you don't mind, but I've spread the word over on The Irish Concertina.

Chris

Chris, if only £200 per Bellows Fold was a standard rule of thumb for all vintage Concertinas! ;)

Cheers

Dick

Well, that's inflation for you, Dick. In days of yore, extra bellows folds could be had for £1.00 per fold. In fact, you could buy a whole brand new concertina then, for less than a tenth of £200. :)

Chris

• 2 weeks later...