where are the prices going ?

andydiamond

"I just thought to let any bidders know they are probably wasting their time"

looks like my gut feeling was right, the seller pulled it when he realised it was not going to go £6000 PLUS

----he was quite emphatic about the plus,I got the impression talking to him that £6k was a ball-park starting figure !

So we will see what happens this time around - - - - I wonder if some of the previous bidders are scared off by the pull off and re-start ?

Andy.

Looks like he must have pulled the auction to correct his spelling of Jeffries Dick, so that people could find his listing? :unsure:

Ah well, that does make good sense.

In that case, I'm sure he notified all those who had already bid, so that they could join in again.

I've seen it done, at horse auctions in Ireland... :rolleyes:

Hmmm no doubt, just before they're about to spit on their hands & shake on the deal! ;)

Cheers

Dick

Actually, I may be the responsible party as I emailed the seller when, like marshall, I saw his typo. I suggested he revised the heading, as it didn't crop up in my notification list either. Maybe he felt it better to re-list and thereby extend the closing date to the full rather than just correct the heading? Sorry if I've boobed, but I have been grateful in the past as a seller when I made a significant mistake and someone sent me a timely correction to my category placement. :(

Actually, I may be the responsible party as I emailed the seller when, like marshall, I saw his typo. I suggested he revised the heading, as it didn't crop up in my notification list either. Maybe he felt it better to re-list and thereby extend the closing date to the full rather than just correct the heading? Sorry if I've boobed, but I have been grateful in the past as a seller when I made a significant mistake and someone sent me a timely correction to my category placement. :(

Hey, I'd say you did the right thing & I don't see any problem with that.

It makes perfect sense to correct it, to make sure everyone who is in the market for a Jeffries finds it easily.

All he had to do, was notify all those who had already bid, to keep them sweet & on board. ;)

Cheers

Dick

I've seen it done, at horse auctions in Ireland... :rolleyes:

Hmmm no doubt, just before they're about to spit on their hands & shake on the deal! ;)

Sure, that's the "formal contract"! :unsure:

Hey, if that's the case, I've had a stinking chest cold for the past 10 days, so believe me, I have plenty of rich, creamy "formal" available right now! :ph34r:

Hey, I'd say you did the right thing & I don't see any problem with that.

It makes perfect sense to correct it, to make sure everyone who is in the market for a Jeffries finds it easily.

All he had to do, was notify all those who had already bid, to keep them sweet & on board. ;)

Cheers

Dick

What generous souls you are. If I was stalking something on Ebay the last thing I'd want would be a bystander making sure every man and his dog knew about it. (I'm not a fan of the 'Cor look at this one!' posts on Cnet for the same reason, although I realise I can't really complain). I hope he appreciates all the help you're giving him with his money-making.

I don't blame Mr Muppet (knows what it's worth but can't spell the name) for starting again with the right spelling but if anyone's wound up to have a serious go they'll be thoroughly fed up with him; I'm not sure an explanatory message would be enough to 'keep them sweet'.

• 2 weeks later...

Has he pulled it again? I was sure the last time I looked that the auction still had plenty of bids on it, had plenty of time to go - and has now ended with no bids and a starting price of 0.99p.

I wasn't interested in bidding, just like others wanting to see where the price went to and how the story unfolded.

Maybe he got lucky and someone offered the £6,000+ he was looking for?

Alex

Has he pulled it again? I was sure the last time I looked that the auction still had plenty of bids on it, had plenty of time to go - and has now ended with no bids and a starting price of 0.99p.

I wasn't interested in bidding, just like others wanting to see where the price went to and how the story unfolded.

Alex

Aye Alex, purely out of curiosity I too was following this one & saw 12 bids yesterday up to £2,051.

Although of course all were secret bids, so I've no idea how many individuals were actually involved.

However, I've no doubt anyone who bid on both auctions for this Concertina will be a little P..... Off that it was pulled TWICE. :(

Like you though, I'd love to know how much he got for it. ;)

Cheers

Dick

Alex

Aye Alex, purely out of curiosity I too was following this one & saw 12 bids yesterday up to £2,051.

Although of course all were secret bids, so I've no idea how many individuals were actually involved.

However, I've no doubt anyone who bid on both auctions for this Concertina will be a little P..... Off that it was pulled TWICE. :(

Like you though, I'd love to know how much he got for it. ;)

Cheers

Dick

Any chance he might get banned from eBay for this?

I waned to bid on it this morning (not up to 6000£ anyway) and saw it was ended this morning. Looking at the bidding history, you see that the seller cancelled all bids. The highest bid was around 2500£.

I had contact with the seller yesyerday. It's not really a cheerfull guy.

Peter

Hi all,

Looks like my initial feeling was right after all. - - - -based on my conversation with him I did not even go to view it, and I'm only two miles from him.

So getting back to where are the prices going ? it looks like the recession is starting to kick in,

maybe the party is over after all, for all but the lucky few - - - -?

And of course, maybe not - - -the seller may have just suffered the repercussions of pulling it off, then putting it on again. Very unsettling for bidders, given that they don't know him or the instrument.

Andy.