Bradfield Traditional Music Weekend 2011

I agree, another lovely Saturday for me amongst a lot of friends.I was there early enough to see Geoff do a talk on his family History.I was talking to Roger Digby later and I said that there are only a few of us that visited the old Crabb Workshop.

I remember it all as if it was only yesterday.

I spent most of the day in the Royal ,had my pie of course,as usual it was too large a meal for me.I have never actually seen anyone finish the plate full.I expect my old mate Prebbs managed it in his prime.

I got home very late being diverted off the Motorway in a 16 mile diversion through Oxford , somewhere I have always fancied visiting, but not at past midnight.

Al

,had my pie of course,as usual it was too large a meal for me.I have never actually seen anyone finish the plate full.

Al

Actually, Alan, the very first time I was in Bradfield, I arrived one day too early, walked down to the Royal and ordered a pie. In my youthful ignorance I ate it all and had to pay for it later: on the way up the hill from Dungworth I was overtaken by a snail...

/Henrik

,had my pie of course,as usual it was too large a meal for me.I have never actually seen anyone finish the plate full.

Al

Actually, Alan, the very first time I was in Bradfield, I arrived one day too early, walked down to the Royal and ordered a pie. In my youthful ignorance I ate it all and had to pay for it later: on the way up the hill from Dungworth I was overtaken by a snail...

/Henrik

That fast !!

Al

Well, I finished my pie, though I think there should be a different word for an enormous dish that's 90% meat and only 10% pastry. The Steak and Oyster pie was praised to the skies by Mike Hebbert and Liz Giddings, but despite coming from Colchester I can't eat oysters! Actually, we mustn't let our obsession with the pies distract us from the tremendously hospitable welcome that the Royal always provides in all areas. I booked my room for next year when I left on Monday, even though Mark hadn't set the date! I'm planning to be back in December for the carols.

Thanks for a great weekend Mark and congratulations for prising Martin Clarke out of his self-imposed obscurity - an adventurous melodeon player and top singer.

Best wishes,

Roger

First, thank you to Mark and Joan for their efforts in arranging another successful weekend and for their hospitality during my stay.

Also, as a spectator, I would like to thank all the musicians and singers for the varied entertainment at the sessions. Well done all.

Friday evening session at the Royal.............

Always a pleasure to see old friends and aquaintances and to meet new faces although it does take a couple of days to get over the late nights, grub and travel.

Geoff