Eucalyptus burl concertina

I'm really pleased with this concertina. Please visit http://edgleyconcertinas.blogspot.com to see this one. In the tuning process and will soon be shipped to Michigan.

Absolutely gorgeous, some girls desire diamonds, but my heart melts at the sight of my new Edgley concertina.

Please sit back while viewing the picture, drool marks do not come off very easily. :D

Thanks Frank for a excellent job well done.

I'm really pleased with this concertina. Please visit http://edgleyconcertinas.blogspot.com to see this one. In the tuning process and will soon be shipped to Michigan.

Absolutely gorgeous, some girls desire diamonds, but my heart melts at the sight of my new Edgley concertina.

Please sit back while viewing the picture, drool marks do not come off very easily. :D

Thanks Frank for a excellent job well done.

Don't forget that it's what it sounds like and how well it's played that is all that really matters in the final analysis !

Frank,

Looking over your site, from the link, I saw that you made one using bubinga. That's very interesting to me; I am familiar with bubinga from harp construction, and planned on my next concertina being in that wood.

How was the sound with that wood?

NNY

Edited by NoNaYet

Frank,

Looking over your site, from the link, I saw that you made one using bubinga. That's very interesting to me; I am familiar with bubinga from harp construction, and planned on my next concertina being in that wood.

How was the sound with that wood?

NNY

It is a very hard wood, like ebony, or bloodwood. It should produce a similar sound. However, the wood plays a smaller part in tone production than other factors. Reed quality and design, reed timing setup and tuning, valve material, chamber size and shape, reed chamber efficiency, vent hole size, pad elevation, baffles, grill design and material etc. all play a part.