Sweet Jenny Jones

Alan Day

All the dots for Morris tunes are available on various sites origins and MP3s , but all of these tunes I do from memory without dots, to my own arrangements. I just play around until I like the sound. Some of you do so many thanks for the comments.

Symon the slow start was intentional as it is such a lovely tune played at a slower tempo. I tried to smooth it out as much as possible with a simple arrangement. The faster tempo uses both rows to find a few nice chords and did have a few tricky bits and I had to untie the knots in my fingers after the recording.

LDT you were right that was exactly what I did wrong, all sorted now thanks for your help.

Al

All the dots for Morris tunes are available on various sites origins and MP3s , but all of these tunes I do from memory without dots, to my own arrangements. I just play around until I like the sound. Some of you do so many thanks for the comments.

Symon the slow start was intentional as it is such a lovely tune played at a slower tempo. I tried to smooth it out as much as possible with a simple arrangement. The faster tempo uses both rows to find a few nice chords and did have a few tricky bits and I had to untie the knots in my fingers after the recording.

LDT you were right that was exactly what I did wrong, all sorted now thanks for your help.

Al

It's a tune I'm trying to learn to play on fiddle. Might try playing along with your video as I have a tendency to speed up and slow down all over the place.

Thanks Symon and good luck Sarah.

Smoothing this tune out I use the Left Hand Push D (C box) and A (GD box)situated on the D and G rows whilst playing on the C or G rows. This note I playing with my little finger and it saves a change of direction. It is a cross row note I rarely use as I normally play the tune on the right hand and chord left, but I now use it on a fast French tune and it is a really lovely option. I expect ITM players use it all the time but I just thought I would let you know what I am doing.It may help somebody.

Al