6th Annual Charles Wheatstone Memorial Mornington Crescent Game

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you realise that since Gordon Brown signed the Lisbon Treaty, confining this game to the London Underground is no longer legal. So my play is: Gambetta. So there!

(Of course, this opinion hasn't been tested in the courts.)

Edited by maccannic

I hope you realise that since Gordon Brown signed the Lisbon Treaty, confining this game to the London Underground is no longer legal. So my play is: Gambetta. So there!

(Of course, this opinion hasn't been tested in the courts.)

My understanding is there is a clarification on that while back for the the conditions for that link to the West. I have no idea going East. It's supposed to be an inclusion rather than an exclusion which was ruled illegal.

Run away as far as you can to.......

Heathrow Terminal 5

Under the International Convention, that terminal opens up the transatlantic expansion pack invites, so I can directly connect at the Concourse A in the international terminal, Philadelphia, PA US. Boston, New York and other cities are available, but are considerably more expensive. The rules also state there must be a nonstop flight to the UK to be eligible. Ships and submarines don't count.

Thanks

Leo

Edited by Leo

My understanding is there is a clarification on that while back for the the conditions for that link to the West. I have no idea going East. It's supposed to be an inclusion rather than an exclusion which was ruled illegal.

Since we're playing Admirality & Nautical 1775, I think we also need to consider navigational errors brought about by difficulties in determining longitude.

An accurate chronometer should help.

Is Samantha around, to give an update on the scores? :unsure:

A fair question and one which in recent weeks has been much on my mind. I must confess that without Samantha's firm grip on my points I'm not really sure where I am. But I think it's about level pegging.

An accurate chronometer should help.

Your wish is my command!

Chris

" ....................."

" ....................."

The next Arran Concertina Event will be held from 7th to 10th October 2011

Seems to be all Arrant nonsense to me so might as well be arrant too.

Have to buy an Arran sweater at the Regent St Scottish shop but first need some ship's candles to get alight for the half blinding dark and I should be able to get them at the station where they announce them over the tannoy.........Then onto Piccadilly Circus for Trafalgar Square via Regent St sweater...

Oh dawG! Forgotten name of the starting point station which sells the candles for the Nelsonian Kingdom of the one-eyed? Help!! -- too dark to read my tube map as the navigational stars are clouded out and no candles!

Edited by Kautilya

I shall do a double back and play the crossrail gambit which takes you to:

Holloway Road

If you want to HAMMERsmith the Gunners than Holloway Rd tube is closed on Arsenal match days so seems you are stuck in the kArzienal and must retreat. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Would that allow mobilisation of some naval canon from the Royal Arsenal at GREENWICH or not allowed?

Edited by Kautilya

Would that allow mobilisation of some naval canon from the Royal Arsenal at GREENWICH or not allowed?

Greenwich has been done. You can try it if you want, but I've still got you covered cold from the North! Forgot about me, didja?

Greenwich has been done. You can try it if you want, but I've still got you covered cold from the North! Forgot about me, didja?

ooohhh.... errrr... ok...

time for the anti-NORTH Wales Anne Robinson gambit... I shout, from the turrets of the Britannia Royal Naval College on Anglesey: "BANK"

And that should put you back at Zero, shivering in North GREENwichLAND at Thule 'for some time' :blink: B)

Edited by Kautilya

Time to attempt a blocking move.

Euston

is this a self-inflicted blocking move CRASH Chris?!

Tootler has fallen between the rails for EUSTON SQUARE AND EUSTON mainline UNDERGROUND STATION praps never to be seen again.

Maybe he should also have checked coz there are not only engineering works but

tfl says: Journey Planner has noticed that the start is too close to the destination.

and he might have to transit via a station dangerously near u knowmic wot....

Edited by Kautilya