6th Annual Charles Wheatstone Memorial Mornington Crescent Game

A southern feint

New Cross Gate

Seems like telling us that it's a feint kind of defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

Unless...

you're planning a triple reverse! Don't think I haven't got your number. =)

I had considered a triple axel but that might derail the train.

Instead, I will go for the fiery baker.

Monument

Of course, it does require and escalator shuffle to complete the move successfully.

With pants on fire there is no option but to leap into the Thames below Monument and, suitably doused, climb into a Drinkwater (glug glug spit spit) patent Wheatstone Sainsbury shopping bag and paddle across to

LONDON BRIDGE Y

for a quick squeeze with a half Nelson and a pint of ship's rum at the George Inn which will have us all Falling Down, Falling Down. As there will potentially be at least four squeezers bellowsing in the bag do we get a bonus? :)

Four would also be able to block one recalcitrant incoming from New Cross Gate -- using a broadside of course-- May we?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

!?!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well spotted, Samantha. Surprising no-one else saw it.

Chris

Blimey! Very clever. I almost missed that! And of course that opens the Brooke-Taylor back passage to a simpering Desmond with three lateral shocks ©TBT 1975 - which leads of course to.....

Mornington Crescent

Well played, sir!

Well obviously I don't want to pre-judge the final confirmation by Humph, Barry, Humph, Stephen, Jack, Rob, Jack, Chris, but I've been playing this game for years without so much as a sniff - so when Samantha gave me an opening I was delighted to jump right in there and give it my all. I think you can all guess how happy it made me.

Edited by Woody

Well played, sir!

Well obviously I don't want to pre-judge the final confirmation by Humph, Barry, Humph, Stephen, Jack, Rob, Jack, Chris, but I've been playing this game for years without so much as a sniff - so when Samantha gave me an opening I was delighted to jump right in there and give it my all. I think you can all guess how happy it made me.

I was wondering why it was taking you all so long! I was going red and nearly ready to feint at holding my breath, waiting for someone to spot it, as I was too modest to shout :P :P

But beware - there are hidden engineering works ready to be sparked by underground cables - horses on courses.......

Well played, sir!

I was wondering why it was taking you all so long! I was going red and nearly ready to feint at holding my breath, waiting for someone to spot it, as I was too modest to shout :P :P

But beware - there are hidden engineering works ready to be sparked by underground cables - horses on courses.......

I fear your Endeavour is doomed to failure,sold up the Swanee [Whistles for Admiral Timson coming aboard!!]and sinking while crossing the Thames en route to MC (Master and Commander Station) in 1775. Report courtesy of the Captain Your Goose is Cook-ed Society)

quote (my bolding):

Endeavour

Maffey sums up the conclusion of all researchers (thus far) who have attempted to unravel these mysteries, when he remarks with reference to Endeavour's career after her sale by the Navy in 1775: "there is a great deal of controversy and very little that can be regarded as authentic" (B).

M[c]affey, in common with most recent [anti-viral] commentators, ignores the Endeavour that became a wreck in Dusky Sound in 1795 (B). Back in 1909, McNab discounted Captain Fairchild's hypothesis that this wreck could have been Cook's old ship17. Fairchild (master of the NZ Government steamer)18, would not have known that Cook's Endeavour was renamed Lord Sandwich in 1776, and appears as such in Lloyd's register for 1778 and 1779 (B, C, E). There is no trace of her in subsequent registers. Had she reverted to her earlier name, there is very little doubt that the change would have been recorded, and made public.

McNab came to the conclusion that: "After careful examination of the evidence . . . the long accepted Newport version is not established, and the balance of testimony is in favour of the contention that Cook's Endeavour ended her days on the Thames" (D, E).2 If McNab was still alive today, I think he would probably side with Mr Maffey, and agree that whilst Endeavour may have ended her days on the Thames, "her ultimate fate remains obscure" (B).

so when Samantha gave me an opening I was delighted to jump right in there and give it my all. I think you can all guess how happy it made me.

Clearly a few players must now be saying to themselves, "I'm sorry, I hadn't a clue" when they look back and see Samantha's huge, um, hint. Well played, Woody. Time to put the game to bed for another year.

Chris

so when Samantha gave me an opening I was delighted to jump right in there and give it my all. I think you can all guess how happy it made me.

Clearly a few players must now be saying to themselves, "I'm sorry, I hadn't a clue" when they look back and see Samantha's huge, um, hint. Well played, Woody. Time to put the game to bed for another year.

Chris

A great game this year - with some inspired moves. Congratulations to all (and especially to Woody of course).