6th Annual Charles Wheatstone Memorial Mornington Crescent Game

Penalty penalty surely!! Orthograpy rules: - "money grasping b******s" is not spelt with a 'B' amongst the Cockney sailors such as those cussing in the Woody trees at Heron's Quay......

That's a DLR (dysclexkic Lady Detemps Reversionary manouevre)so Chris, surely she should not be allowed to get away with it

Interesting sidelight. Not all regulations were defined in the 19th century. Work continues all the time in response to the inventiveness of modern players. For instance, the Composite Rules Application Procedure group have been meeting into the night to discuss responses to moves based on Tahrir Square. Prior discussion in the CRAP group has been around the "three strikes and you're out" rule and its applicability to the Game. Word to the wise ...

Chris

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Penalty penalty surely!! Orthograpy rules: - "money grasping b******s" is not spelt with a 'B' amongst the Cockney sailors such as those cussing in the Woody trees at Heron's Quay......

That's a DLR (dysclexkic Lady Detemps Reversionary manouevre)so Chris, surely she should not be allowed to get away with it

Interesting sidelight. Not all regulations were defined in the 19th century. Work continues all the time in response to the inventiveness of modern players. For instance, the Composite Rules Application Procedure group have been meeting into the night to discuss responses to moves based on Tahrir Square. Prior discussion in the CRAP group has been around the "three strikes and you're out" rule and its applicability to the Game. Word to the wise ...

Chris

Luv it! - Such teamwork, all night communal sessions on our behalf in the style of Hadrian's Housesteads' Lavatoria Romana above Haltwhistle (trains use sea coal from KneeCastle).

But, the CRAP team should take note: as Simon H will confirm, the graffito on the back of one of the doors at the posh BondStreeterLoo quotes the Great Leader Krock'o'patrick:

"If you're not going to CHROD, then get off the plot!"

Edited by Kautilya

I'm currently indisposed*, so will have to pass on this round. :(

Hopefully will recover in time to consider my strategy for the next round.

Could Samantha please give us an update on the scores, so I can see how much ground I need to make up. Thanks!

[* a condition, not a typo.]

Thanks Samantha. I have to say - that's quite an eye opener! :o

Well - it's a bit early as the mighty Arsenal aren't due to play there for another two weeks - but it's been a while and there's no harm being keen - Wembley Park

A southern feint

New Cross Gate

Seems like telling us that it's a feint kind of defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

Unless...

you're planning a triple reverse! Don't think I haven't got your number. =)

Wow! A zone 6 lateral. Not seen since the famous lateral fiasco of '82.

Only a blockers feint or invocation of Trumpington's variation will keep us all out of Nidd.

I'm stuck

:ph34r:

Ah; I have it!

By Elephant & Castling* with Theydon Bois, I will move up to:

London Bridge

[* Bear with me; this is a complex rule, used in the Fischer v Spassky encounter (1972) whilst relaxing over a game of MC, during more weighty matters.

Elephant & Castle and Theydon Bois stations exchange locations for the duration of the next round, whist assuming the underground links of the new location i.e. Elephant & Castle is now served by only the Central line, and Theydon Bois by the Northern and Bakerloo lines. Any player attempting to pass through either of the affected stations, on an incorrect line, will be in knipp.]

Impressive, eh? ;)

A southern feint

New Cross Gate

Seems like telling us that it's a feint kind of defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

Unless...

I had considered a triple axel but that might derail the train.

Instead, I will go for the fiery baker.

Monument

Of course, it does require and escalator shuffle to complete the move successfully.

Edited by Tootler

A southern feint

New Cross Gate

Unless...

I had considered a triple axel but that might derail the train.

Instead, I will go for the fiery baker.

Monument

Of course, it does require and escalator shuffle to complete the move successfully.

With pants on fire there is no option but to leap into the Thames below Monument and, suitably doused, climb into a Drinkwater (glug glug spit spit) patent Wheatstone Sainsbury shopping bag and paddle across to

LONDON BRIDGE Y

for a quick squeeze with a half Nelson and a pint of ship's rum at the George Inn which will have us all Falling Down, Falling Down. As there will potentially be at least four squeezers bellowsing in the bag do we get a bonus? :)

Four would also be able to block one recalcitrant incoming from New Cross Gate -- using a broadside of course-- May we?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Edited by Kautilya