Gardener's Delight

fernando

If you are using a webcam, Thomas, that would explain the reversed image as it unfortunately does this when used in video mode, making you appear to be left-handed!

Chris

Correct diagnosis!

Hi Toma , very nice ! Can you tell us a bit about the concertina and what you like playing?

Thanks you all for your nice comments.

I registered to C.net when I read a thread about french mazurka and I had opportunity to speak about my custom duets concertinas. Both are made by Rosalie and Colin Dipper (one baryton and one treble). I initially play diatonic accordion, then chromatic accordion and the layout of my concertina is roughly the same as my chromatic accordion. (to simplify...)

I like traditional music, France, England, Ireland, Swedish...but I like to compose also.

A plus tard!

great!!! I like your style very much.

So, anglo, custom duet, english...next!:)

Super playing, as always, Danny. Don't think we've had an anglo-played version yet, Thomas; just 2 Englishes and your custom duet. Calling Alan Day? Or does Al only play his own compositions? :unsure: It just goes to show what someone who is a good player and in command of their instrument can achieve playing their interpretation of a tune in their style based on the capabilities of the type of instrument they are playing. When I composed this tune, I felt that the original dots were just a starting point and there for guidance only; a starting point for other, perhaps more capable musicians than myself to come up with interesting variations.

:)

Chris

For sure you can Danny! I love your style of playing chords! you play the chords to the tunes in the way I like the most Danny

oups! Right! The playing of Fernando has misled me...

I take that as a compliment Tona! that's what I'm trying to do, to use the bellows like an Anglo. Wait till I post the slower version of the Gardener's Delight to this thread, I'm going to push the change of direction to the limit! almost one change for every note, for the sake of experimenting a bit...

We have to do this more often, we choose a tune, and everybody plays it! If they are compositions from members of this forum, so much the better!

Fernando

Here you are the tune as promised! I hope the speed is better now...

I've come to the conclusion that I'm not going to get this perfect now. What I usually do is to leave the tune for other day. But I wanted to record it! then I leave it as it is. Because I was getting tired of this tune, and god knows when I'm going to play it again... If I get very tired of one tune, It can be long time after I play it again... but I had a good practise of these two keys!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6B5PzNnbNg

This is an English System Concertina eeeeeeeh! my Jacinta! no more no less! :lol:

Fernando

Edited by fernando