Gardener's Delight

fernando

Hi all fellow concertina players!

Here you are me playing this tune composed by one member of this forum, Chris Drinkwater (with your permission Chris).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CRVhI2w-7Y

The original thread where Chris showed us this beautiful tune is here:

Original Gardener's Delight

I'm playing it in Eb Major instead of G Major. The second round clearly better played than the first.

I love this tune!

Fernando

Hi all fellow concertina players!

Here you are me playing this tune composed by one member of this forum, Chris Drinkwater (with your permission Chris).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CRVhI2w-7Y

The original thread where Chris showed us this beautiful tune is here:

Original Gardener's Delight

I'm playing it in Eb Major instead of G Major. The second round clearly better played than the first.

I love this tune!

Fernando

Bravo, Fernando! I am truly honoured that you like my tune and play it so well in a different! key. The way you play it, it has the feel of an Irish reel to it. Nice.

Chris

Still in 6/8 as a jig Chris but I know what you mean. Nice mellow sound Fernando, must be all that living in Galway that's speeded it up, there must be something in the water ;)

Thanks Sam! the mellow sound is because of the beautiful voice of my Jacinta, she has a bit special tunning, the name is 1-5 comma meantone, as Geoff Woof told me. And the speed maybe is a bit excessive, I would have made less mistakes if I had played the tune a bit slower... sometimes when I play it alone I get it better, but I was getting tired of repeating the recording! :D

Fernando

Perhaps you can record yourself playing it again, sometime, Fernando, this time, a little slower?

Chris

I will do it Chris! I will play it in Bb Major, in two octaves. And I will play it slower, at the same pace as you. Give me some time to practise, and when I have it I will post it to this thread.

Fernando

Nice tune Chris and nice playing Fernando. Good idea, it is an opportunity for me to use for the first time the application "photo booth" of my computer... The image is reversed but I can not fix it ... There is also a time lag between image and sound.

So a bit slowly!...

Edited by tona

I did not find the way to fix the time lag so one other recording with photo booth for image, garage band for the sound and I movie for approximate timing...pfff...:) But the video is still reversed...

I updated my first post.

Nice tune Chris and nice playing Fernando. Good idea, it is an opportunity for me to use for the first time the application "photo booth" of my computer... The image is reversed but I can not fix it ... There is also a time lag between image and sound.

So a bit slowly!...

Wonderful playing and a nice interpetation of my tune, Thomas. It is a delight to hear it. Never mind the reversed image, just as long as the tune doesn't sound as if it is being played backwards! :ph34r: And Fernando, next time you record it you play it in Bb major? You do like a challenge. I look forward to hearing the result.

Chris

Still in 6/8 as a jig Chris but I know what you mean. Nice mellow sound Fernando, must be all that living in Galway that's speeded it up, there must be something in the water ;)

Thanks Sam! the mellow sound is because of the beautiful voice of my Jacinta, she has a bit special tunning, the name is 1-5 comma meantone, as Geoff Woof told me. And the speed maybe is a bit excessive, I would have made less mistakes if I had played the tune a bit slower... sometimes when I play it alone I get it better, but I was getting tired of repeating the recording! :D

Fernando

So nice to here Jacinta being played with enthusiasm again, after sitting in her box for nearly a year due to other concertinas having entered her domain.

Yesterday I discovered a new name for that type of tuning, it is also called "Homogeneous Meantone".

I am so glad she has gone to you Fernando,

best wishes,

Geoff.

PS nice tune Chris!

Edited by Geoff Wooff

Tona => Incredible! I love that playing! with all that accompaniment! I've never seen that kind of concertina, it's lovely!

Chris => Bb Major is a challenge for me indeed. But I almost had it when I recorded the video, I just have to practise a bit more. Your tune allows me to take what I call "shortcuts" if I play in these two keys. I mean by this that I'm using the notes that are repeated in both sides of my concertina, with the only purpose of trying to avoid playing too many buttons on the same side.

Geoff => I'm glad you are happy Geoff! and you have to play here as well! I'm looking forward to seeing you recording a video, because you are very good Geoff!

Fernando

So a bit slowly!...

Luvverly - one of my favourite lilty and jaunty tunes which does not get enough PUBLIC outings IMHO!!!! (hint hint Chris!! :) :) )

I did not find the way to fix the time lag so one other recording with photo booth for image, garage band for the sound and I movie for approximate timing...pfff...:) But the video is still reversed.

If you are using a webcam, Thomas, that would explain the reversed image as it unfortunately does this when used in video mode, making you appear to be left-handed!

Chris