New 2nd edition Rochelle

We just received the first shipment of the new Rochelle. The 2nd edition Rochelle has Italian Cagnoni reeds, which improves both balance and the quality of sound.

Because of the higher quality reeds, we did need to increase the price slightly, but we think it is worth it.

The new Rochelle should be available from our dealers later this week.

Wim Wakker

Concertina Connection Inc.

Wakker Concertinas

[quot

e name=Ransom' timestamp='1295367397' post='120846]

Are similar upgrades planned for your other entry-level instruments?

To be honest, I am not sure yet. In general, reed frames with 2 reeds of the same pitch are of better quality than the ones with 2 different pitches (anglo accordion reeds). We felt that the difference with the Cagnoni reeds for the Rochelle was significant enough to justify the change and price increase.

The difference between the standard reeds we use in the Jackie/Jack and Elise and Italian made reeds is less obvious. I am not sure yet if it would justify the necessary price increase. Our goal for our entry level instruments is the best possible instrument for the lowest possible price.

If we decide to also change the reeds in the Jackie/Jack and Elise, it will take months before they’ll be available. The Rochelle change took almost 6 months.

Wim Wakker

Concertina Connection Inc.

Wakker Concertinas

So what reeds are used in the original Rochelle? And could one upgrade a Rochelle?

I assume you mean replacing the reeds in a 1st edition rochelle with the cagnoni reeds... It won’t work. The dimensions of the Cagnoni reeds are different. You also need to replace the reed blocks.

Wim Wakker

So what reeds are used in the original Rochelle? And could one upgrade a Rochelle?

I assume you mean replacing the reeds in a 1st edition rochelle with the cagnoni reeds... It won't work. The dimensions of the Cagnoni reeds are different. You also need to replace the reed blocks.

Wim Wakker

And does the Rochelle trade in / upgrade program also include an upgrade from a 1st edition to a 2nd edition Rochelle?

I assume you mean replacing the reeds in a 1st edition rochelle with the cagnoni reeds... It won't work. The dimensions of the Cagnoni reeds are different. You also need to replace the reed blocks.

Wim Wakker

And does the Rochelle trade in / upgrade program also include an upgrade from a 1st edition to a 2nd edition Rochelle?

Upgrading is going to a higher class instrument ( e.g. Clover, Wakker models, etc.), not the same entry level class.

Wim Wakker

• 2 weeks later...