Wakker W-A1 For Sale

step222

Hello - I am selling My Wheastone style Wakker A1 Anglo purchased in April 2007. I am finding my C/G 30 plus C drone key is not being used as I thought it might and this beautiful instrument needs a playing home. It is a superb concertina - light, strident but sweet toned, modelled on a top period Wheatstone Linota. It has raised ebonised ends, and classic concertina tone. It is in excellent, nearly new condition, perfect tune with minor surface scratches and finger marks between some buttons. More details can be found at

http://www.wakker-co...nas.com/A-1.htm

Model W-A1

Standard configuration: *

30 key Wheatstone layout + C Drone *

Radial Reedpan *

7 fold All Leather Bellows *

Raided hardwood ends *

Tuning: see options. *

Long scale reeds: steel tongue in individual *

brass frames *

Domed metal keys/delrin® cores.

If you purchased this concertina right now lead time is 2 to 3 years and with all options on this concertina the price would be in excess of $5500.00

ASKING $4800.00 plus shipping and insurance charges

post-30-0-11626400-1295308473_thumb.jpg

post-30-0-96769400-1295308488_thumb.jpg

post-30-0-86367100-1295308501_thumb.jpg

post-30-0-73594500-1295308513_thumb.jpg

• 3 years later...

I bought this Anglo C/G Wakker concertina (listed above) from Stephen a few years ago. He custom ordered it while Wim was still living in Europe. I also bought a couple old Wheatstone concertinas from forum member Ben, at the same time. I bought three because I wanted to compare and see which one I liked best. I sold one of the Wheatstones and decided to keep the other one. This Wakker is available again if someone would like to buy it. This is a high quality instrument and in original condition. It's still like new and everything works great. Between the previous owner and myself, it has probably only been played a few hours. It has great carrying power, but I don't play in sessions, so the mellower Wheatstone suits my needs best. Location of this concertina is in the US. PM me if interested. Asking $4400. There's a demo of this instrument on YouTube. Not sure how to get the link on here, but you can search for the title "For Sale - Wakker Concertina C/G Anglo"