Selling Rock Chidley English

danersen

My, my ... how quickly time passes!

It's hard to believe that it's been more than 2-1/2 years since I posted this and then decided that I didn't really want to part with it.

Well, I'm contemplating the possibility of parting company with it, once again, and, so, am inviting offers.

Please email me directly at: danersen (at) gmail (dot) com if interested.

It is fully and properly restored by Wim Wakker to as near original state as possible; and thus is in exceptional cosmetic and mechanical condition. Plays perfectly. No issues. Non-smoking and properly humidified home.

This is a preserved period instrument. Wm's best date estimate is ~ 1861 due to black color and corresponding death of royalty.

I can send a PDF with more commentary and photos to anyone with serious interest.

Be Well,

Dan

Edited by danersen

• 2 years later...

This is a preserved period instrument. Wm's best date estimate is ~ 1861 due to black color and corresponding death of royalty.

Drawing a bit of a long bow imho, but not impossible.

Presumably refering to Prince Albert. However, seeing as he passed away quite suddenly and late in the year of 1861 (14th December), then it would seem that a completion date of 1862 might be more likely.

However, despite the dark finish, the decoration seems to be a little too jolly for such a morbid occasion.

Not that my comments should influence the desirability of this concertina; hope it soon finds a new home. Good luck.