song accompaniment lesson

pauline de snoo

On the website concertina academy click on "tuition/downloads" button where you will find a new item, called "Free lessons; song accompaniment".

It is a step by step approach how to work out song accompaniment. If you want to see the slide show full screen, there is a tiny button on the right side, bottom of page.

Enjoy and a Happy New Musical Year to all.

Pauline

Edited by pauline de snoo

BTW the page doesnt work with the FireFox browser.

Doesn't work with the SeaMonkey browser, either.

Told me so in Dutch.
:)

Seamonkey and Firefox both use Html5.0 rendering engines. HTML 5 does not support the frameset tag. It's been deprecated. So using them just causes both browsers to skip rendering those parts. Also, there's a DOCTYPE declaration error which is further confusing the browser. Use the W3C's validation page for more info and hints on how to fix....

And now, back to our regularly scheduled thread.... :)

Seamonkey and Firefox both use Html5.0 rendering engines. HTML 5 does not support the frameset tag. It's been deprecated. So using them just causes both browsers to skip rendering those parts. Also, there's a DOCTYPE declaration error which is further confusing the browser. Use the W3C's validation page for more info and hints on how to fix....

And now, back to our regularly scheduled thread.... :)

Also doesn't work in either Chrome or Safari. :-(

Yvonne

But hope you will find a way to use internet explorer for now.

From yesterday's New York Times (Business section):

10 WAYS TO GET THE MOST OUT OF TECHNOLOGY

By Sam Grobart

2. Stop using Internet Explorer.

Why: Because, while the latest version has some real improvements, Internet Explorer is large, bloated with features and an example of old-style Microsoft excess.

How: Switch to either Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. Both are first-rate, speedy browsers, and both are free. It remains a tight race between the two, but Chrome has had the lead lately in features and performance. Both browsers include useful things like bookmark syncing. That means that your bookmarks folder will be the same on every computer using Chrome or Firefox, and will update if you change anything.

I know all this. All old news for almost everybody I think, which keeps being repeated. But I do not possess all the software available in this world let alone the knowledge how to work with them. So we will have to do with what I do have and so with what I have produced for the moment.

I have used Firefox myself for a while but there are quite a lot of websites ( good ones) that will not work entirely in Firefox. So a never ending circle.

I just hope that people can use the lesson I made and if they cannot get into it because of a different browser then I am sorry but that is part of electronic life as we now know it.

Nevetheless I will continue to make lessons and will keep making them available on the net.

Happy New Year

I know all this. All old news for almost everybody I think, which keeps being repeated. But I do not possess all the software available in this world let alone the knowledge how to work with them. So we will have to do with what I do have and so with what I have produced for the moment.

I have used Firefox myself for a while but there are quite a lot of websites ( good ones) that will not work entirely in Firefox. So a never ending circle.

I just hope that people can use the lesson I made and if they cannot get into it because of a different browser then I am sorry but that is part of electronic life as we now know it.

Nevetheless I will continue to make lessons and will keep making them available on the net.

Happy New Year

Let's not get hung up on the technology - I simply switched to IE (despite any opinions I may have about it) and was able to view the lessons.

The lessons are extremely useful, and Pauline I look forward to seeing more lessons from you.

Best wishes for the New Year.

Steve

Yes, thanks Pauline. I have posed this issue several times but have never received such a clear answer. My only question would be a little further explanation or examples of rhythm variation. Thanks again.

I also do not like the sound of the normal fifth interval. I play the English concertina and the fingering of the vertical fifths is difficult for me. I like to play the note of the fifth tone an octave lower. For a C chord, I play middle C together with the low G on the right hand; for a D chord, I use the low A on the left hand with the D on the right hand; I play a G chord using the G on the right hand with the lower D on the left hand. I am not sure if these are considered proper chords when the fifth tone is lower, but they are easier to play on the EC. (I have only been playing about one month so that is important.) I sometimes use the first and second notes of the chord, instead of the lower fifths, but I like the rich sound of the low notes.

I also do not like the sound of the normal fifth interval. I play the English concertina and the fingering of the vertical fifths is difficult for me. I like to play the note of the fifth tone an octave lower. For a C chord, I play middle C together with the low G on the right hand; for a D chord, I use the low A on the left hand with the D on the right hand; I play a G chord using the G on the right hand with the lower D on the left hand.

All these options are correct. One can play the notes on one side using two fingers or just press down two buttons with one finger. When you play the notes I used any note you sing against them will sound right, so someone else could actually improvise on concertina or any other instrument without soon creating clashing sounds. However there is more to be said, but that reaches too far for the subject I was dealing with here: A first step in how to find song accompaniment.

Actually the accompanimen wil sound even beter on a baritone where it will sound an octave lower.

As you see there are endless possibilities.

More in another lesson........but one will need to learn more about scales and chords too.

Pauline

Hi Pauline Thankyou for the course although I play Anglo I found it usefull.I also printed off you "Conac49" Different uses of chords and altered chords. Am I missing something because your "for example", C Maj and GMaj I would call CMaj7 and GMaj7 .Bob

Edited by KelTekgolow