Roger Digby and Liz Giddings at Frittenden 29th December 2010

Liz Giddings and Roger Digby at Frittenden

We're greatly looking forward to fiddle, melodeon and concertina maestros Liz Giddings and Roger Digby's visit to the Bell & Jorrocks session at 8pm on the 29th December!

Naturally we're all crossing our fingers, with the weather as it is. As we get closer to the date, can I ask people to give me a call or drop me a line to make sure it's still on? We will of course do our best to be there to run a session with or without our featured guests!

I can be reached at gmatkin@gmail.com, gavinatkin@yahoo.com, Facebook and on tel 07985 522734.

Liz Giddings is a well known player around Essex, while Roger's first shot to fame with Flowers & Frolics in the 1970s. Expect old fashioned music from Ireland and England, and a few surprises too...

The format we follow at Frittenden will ensure plenty of time for playing tunes, dancing and storytelling - or anything else that's entertaining and legal that you might have to give us.

The Frittenden sessions take place at the Bell & Jorrocks pub at Frittenden, Kent, and start at 8pm and continue until it's time to sing Nellie Dean and say goodnight. They're informal and free, with lots of old fashioned and traditional songs and tunes, and a big emphasis on variety, humour and entertainment generally.

As we like to say, if you liked your pub the way it was before the telly and the computer came, this is the event for you.

We look forward to seeing you on the night!

Gavin and Julie Atkin

For information see http://frittendenfestival.com/sessions/ or ring us on 07985 522734.

This is just a reminder - the December Frittenden session is tomorrow night - that's Weds 29th December. We're expecting some surprise visitors and a whole lot of people who have had enough of the usual Christmas stuff and want to get out. It might be wise to bring a camp stool, just in case!

Gav