anyone else seen these

mory

I can add that I was the original owner of the Dipper bass and sold it to an address that seems in line with this seller's. He was an excellent ebayer who dealt immediately. It broke my heart to part with it, as I commissioned it with proceeds from my father's estate. I'd pounce on it if I had the money - 'nuff said.

hello all

re the concertinas for sale.I know these instruments well having played them

on my weekly visits to the late owner both with him and solo when he was to ill to play them.

the dipper/scard,Bb/F jeffries and the g/d crabb(which came from roger edwards) are top notch.

the g/d jeffries is very loud so much so that we named it the trumpet no quite the jeffries sound.

the 45 button jeffries has the right sound but needs some work ie the buttons are a tad to high

and the reed layout is a bit wheatstone/jeffries but could be a nice instrument I had this on loan

for a short time.these are personal views others may think diffrent.if I can help at all let me know.as for the price well!!!

Don't worry. My downfall was complete and irretrievable years ago!

Chris

Edit to add: I see the starting price for the Dipper is now 5000 pounds. I've played on a couple of Dipper bass anglos over the years (and of course I own a Dipper baritone) and I can't think of praise high enough for these wonder machines. But £5000 and up is too much for me. It'll have to go to someone with seriously deep pockets. I only hope they'll play it. At that price you'd start to worry about whether to take it to the local session. Ho hum.

Edited by Chris Timson

I contacted the seller and told him, that the beauties were only available in GB - and told him about this thread:

Hallo conzertino,

We'll remove any restrictions, tho i wasnt aware of any. And the world is more than welcome to start bidding instead of watching. Many Thanks

p.s. we are aware of the thread and quite honestly a little dissappointed in human conduct in general. this hasn't been an easy thing to do in the circumstances.

PS: My comment: nobody would part with such a fine collection without good - or not so good - reasons....

I wonder what has caused the disappointment with human conduct? As far as I can see nobody on here or melodeon.net has said anything that would be construed as "poor ethics". I wonder if he is upset that there was concern that it was a scam. As a regular ebayer you'd think he would know thast this is a an ongoing issue and his early, pictureless listings looked similar to past scams. I think these threads have served to expand his potential market significantly. Perhaps I'm just misunderstanding the issue.

I wonder what has caused the disappointment with human conduct? As far as I can see nobody on here or melodeon.net has said anything that would be construed as "poor ethics". I wonder if he is upset that there was concern that it was a scam. As a regular ebayer you'd think he would know thast this is a an ongoing issue and his early, pictureless listings looked similar to past scams. I think these threads have served to expand his potential market significantly. Perhaps I'm just misunderstanding the issue.

Maybe he's not upset with participants in the thread, but with humans who operate scams on eBay?

I agree Paul.

I must confess that I also raised the issue on The Session, The Irish Concertina & Facebook

It's true, I was perhaps a little too hasty in labeling those listings as Scam & for that I do apologise.

However, I have since tried to make amends by advertising the fact on those sites, & M.net that these instruments are in fact legit. & also posting links to each of them in the News section of the IC site.

So I think on balance, they have probably received far more good publicity in the long run .... at least I certainly hope so.

Cheers

Dick

As a regular ebayer you'd think he would know...

If you're basing that on this:

I can add that I was the original owner of the Dipper bass and sold it to an address that seems in line with this seller's. He was an excellent ebayer who dealt immediately.

...then don't forget that the "excellent ebayer" has passed on and the seller is someone else who may be less familiar with the ways of eBay:

I know these instruments well having played them on my weekly visits to the late owner both with him and solo when he was to ill to play them.

As a regular ebayer you'd think he would know...

If you're basing that on this:

I can add that I was the original owner of the Dipper bass and sold it to an address that seems in line with this seller's. He was an excellent ebayer who dealt immediately.

...then don't forget that the "excellent ebayer" has passed on and the seller is someone else who may be less familiar with the ways of eBay:

I know these instruments well having played them on my weekly visits to the late owner both with him and solo when he was to ill to play them.

I was actually referring to his feedback, mostly selling Lambretta parts.