Silent Night

Kurt Braun

http://scraggy.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/SilentNight.mp3

This is silent night offered as a Christmas present to those listening.

First time through is melody (soprano) and alto.

Second time is melody and bass.

Third time is four parts (soprano, alto, tenor and bass).

Recorded on an Olympus LS-10 mounted on the same music stand that held the sheet music.

Sorry for any baubles. Merry Christmas,

Kurt

Edited to add the url.

Edited by Kurt Braun

http://scraggy.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/SilentNight.mp3

Recorded on an Olympus LS-10 mounted on the same music stand that held the sheet music.

Kurt

Edited to add the url.

Came together so nicely. Am going to play along...tks!

Very nice! A couple of questions: are you playing the alto part on your right hand or your left? And is that low C on the bass part one octave below middle C or two?

http://scraggy.net/w...SilentNight.mp3

Kurt

Edited to add the url.

Very nice! A couple of questions: are you playing the alto part on your right hand or your left? And is that low C on the bass part one octave below middle C or two?

Daniel,

Thanks for the kind words.

When I played just the alto and the soprano (first time through) I played the alto on the left. When I did the four parts (last time) the soprano and alto were played together on the right with the tenor and bass, of course, played on the left. That's pretty much the tricky part of playing four parts. It is something of an issue at first but after a while, two parts on one hand gets easier.

About the low C -- two. I have more information on the instrument at scraggy.net/tina. That low C has fans, but when I need an F# I curse it under my breath.

Kurt

When I played just the alto and the soprano (first time through) I played the alto on the left. When I did the four parts (last time) the soprano and alto were played together on the right with the tenor and bass, of course, played on the left. That's pretty much the tricky part of playing four parts. It is something of an issue at first but after a while, two parts on one hand gets easier.

About the low C -- two. I have more information on the instrument at scraggy.net/tina. That low C has fans, but when I need an F# I curse it under my breath.

Thanks - that's what I had guessed you were doing with the alto part but wanted to check. And thanks for the link to the info about your concertina too. Those extra low notes on the bass side sound like they'd be fun to have.