Anybody knows the player Len Henry Jones?

I just bought a lovely 64 key baritone-treble Aeola. In the box I found a paper with pics and some information about the former owner Leonardo ( Len ) Henry Jones. Has anybody any information about him? He must have been a famous player!?!

http://www.concertina.org/ica/index.php/document-archive/ica-newsletter

Geoff Crabb could tell you more about him but I met Len Jones once at an ICA Festival in London.He was a member of the Kensington Concertina Orchestra(see attached photograph)and was leading member of the ICA for many years.He had lost two fingers on his left hand due to an accident but despite this was a very fine player.His trademark pose(see the attached photograph of an early ICA gathering)was to hold his concertina with the two fingers on his left hand giving a V for victory sign.I have recordings on cassette of him playing in the Kensington Quartet(when they compted at an ICA Festival)and also playing at an ICA meeting

Len Jones075.pdf

If you look at the photo here, you'll see Len Jones right of centre. Here's a blow up.

Wes (or possibly Geoff Crabb) are you able to upload a version of the larger photo - would be nice to have a closer look at the other concertinas in that photo.

Edited by SteveS

Wes (or possibly Geoff Crabb) are you able to upload a version of the larger photo - would be nice to have a closer look at the other concertinas in that photo.

Steve,

Sorry, but large photos aren't really suitable for here. I'll see what I can do elsewhere, and let you know.

Steve,

Sorry, but large photos aren't really suitable for here. I'll see what I can do elsewhere, and let you know.

OK thanks Wes.