I fear I'm not learning corectly

ido

I play a jackie I began playing about a month ago. I'm studying from the book that came with it and I kinda took a long pause in the area of "London Bridge" and started to play music that's a little more suficticated(not very difficult, but defenetaly more than "London Bridge") now I began using the book again but I feel like I'm steping back and I don't want to skip parts of the book.

What to do?

I play a jackie I began playing about a month ago. I'm studying from the book that came with it and I kinda took a long pause in the area of "London Bridge" and started to play music that's a little more suficticated(not very difficult, but defenetaly more than "London Bridge") now I began using the book again but I feel like I'm steping back and I don't want to skip parts of the book.

What to do?

London Bridge is kind of a slow part, and you may very well be able to buzz through the next few pages. If you don't feel you're getting anything from a song or exercise, then maybe don't play it more than once or twice-- keeping in mind that the easy stuff is a great place to practice your expressiveness. Make sure you read advice in the double-ruled boxes about stuff like bellows technique. Other than that, if you've been playing other stuff, you might buzz through the next fifteen pages in an hour or so.

What to do?

Hmmm. I suggest taking odd lessons. If you have skype, it's the easiest thing in the world; just search this forum for skype and you'll find a number of very good players here who offer online lessons all around the world. All you need then is a camera and a Paypal account (for the teachers fee; the video conference itself is free via skype). I had one from Jody last week, and he pointed out a few things to me that no book ever mentions (this is actually a recommendation ;-)). Having a human (preferrably a concertina player him/herself, ideally an experienced instrument teacher) listen to what you are doing and make a few comments is always your best option as books do not provide feedback.

You may also want to check if there are other players here with Skype access who don't teach but are willing to give you peer to peer advice (in that case, it would all be free except for the one time costs for a camera if you don't have one yet). I'd volunteer but, being only a beginner on the concertina myself, I'm not sure if I could give you useful advice on top of what a benevolent listener from the outside may be able to comment.