WHeatstone fairplay compared to Jackie

Guest mattCD

I am in the process of selling my other instruments that I no longer play (I am hooked!). I would like to take the money from these and put it toward a better EC. The question is, is a WHeatstone Fairplay a nice "upgrade" from the Jackie? in playability, sound and life. I problem is finding a EC between the Jackie price and the Morse EC price seems very difficult. I assume from reading here that the Stagi EC's (even though more expensive) are not an upgrade?

Matt,

You should send me a personal message. In preparation for another cnet member's visit I am putting the finishing touches on 4-5 englishes which should be in your price range ($1000-$2000). These will include several nice Lachenals and a couple of Wheatstones. All will be good players, in tune and properly reconditioned.

Depending on where you live in KY you'd have the option of trying them out before purchase.

Greg

Yes I did mean mayfair. Thanks for the replies. I am now saving my pennies for the real thing. now back to squeezing out "In Christ Alone"....