Help to identify this concertina

SteveS

Hi all

Nice to see french friends on C.net and to hear my euh... your franglo Alain!

We can not see your franglos Emmanuel...

Bye!

Despite Admiral Nelson, Napoleon, Joan of Arc, the Six Nations tournament, there are fortunately Dipper's concertinas and friendship for the reconciliation of frogs and roast beef.

Here is another curiosity in the joyous world of bellows instruments. It is a bandoneon made by Emmanuel Pariselle for Bertram Levy. The layout is the same as the anglogerman system but we have accordion reeds (two voices, flute and bassoon like bandonenon) and "registers" at each hand which give a lot of possibility of timbres. So we have the layout of concertina anglo, the reeds and registers of the accordion, the look and the holding of a bandoneon... A nice synthesis of the three instruments, isn't it?...:)

I am just wondering if there is a recording of Bertram playing this wonderful instrument so that we can hear what it sounds like and how he makes use of it? :unsure:

Chris

Hi Chris

Here's a couple

Tangoheart Bertram Levy

Tangoheart Bertram Levy2

Palestine Old Time Music and Dulcimer Festival 2009

I can't find any on a Franglo though. :(

Thanks

Leo

I am just wondering if there is a recording of Bertram playing this wonderful instrument so that we can hear what it sounds like and how he makes use of it? :unsure:

Here's a couple

Tangoheart Bertram Levy

Tangoheart Bertram Levy2

Palestine Old Time Music and Dulcimer Festival 2009

I can't find any on a Franglo though. :(

Nice stuff, but is it Bertram's special concertoneon (may as well invent a word) that he's playing in those videos, or "just" a standard bandoneon? :unsure:

Nice stuff, but is it Bertram's special concertoneon (may as well invent a word) that he's playing in those videos, or "just" a standard bandoneon? :unsure:

Hi Jim

Here's my best guess. I don't think the first two are, but I believe the third one down is. It looks like there are two silver knobs on the top similar to the picture above, that makes me think so. I had to look at full screen to see it/them.

Thanks

Leo

• 2 weeks later...

Just found this thread by a roundabout way. We had dinner with Emmanuel last Saturday in S.W.France and he asked me if I knew about C-net. As I haven't been around much recently I thought I'd have a look and found this thread.

For those who don't know him Emmanuel is a superb musician and, for my money, one of the best accompanists around. Here he is accompanying himself on melodeon. It's a pity he didn't use the Franglo. You can see it on the table in front of him.