AABB ? Explanation Please

I have just received the latest newsletter about the planned Commando Trad in Liverpool England next week.

The organiser says:

"A couple of points, same key because the time change is a little tricky, notice I use the "lead in" notes to move from one to the other, also be aware of the "rest" in the B of DDKK, if we can manage that then the effect will be electric!

I am planning AABB for both tunes (not sure if managed that on the recording), probably 3 times each tune then move on, then back to the first. Start with DDKK"

What does he mean by DDKK and AABB - I'm not used to this method of notation ?? - can anybody explain for the hard of thinking (me)

Ah the penny has dropped.

One of the tunes is Davy Davy Knick Knack..

You got it.

And listen to Brian's recording of the tunes, in the B part of DDKK :P the first time through, there's a very emphatic beat note that he'd like us to imitate.

See you there?

Chris

I didn't realise the AABB related to the repetition, but ya live and learn.

No, I doubt I'll make it - I'm based in the South, but I wish you all well.

I've just sent this to Brian, but in case it lures in a few more players...

In case anyone from further a field wants a cheap day sightseeing in Liverpool plus an opportunity to join in the LTCE

London Midland Great Escape £10 travel anywhere tickets 23-31st Oct - details at :

http://www.londonmidland.com/tickets-and-fares/great-escape/?=

So eg London - Liverpool return for £10

or from..... Bedford, Brum, Coventry,Hereford,Milton Keynes, Rugby, Shrewsbury etc.

Chris