First Concertina

No, I measured them and the spacing is wider on the Rochelle and the buttons are bigger.

Is it possible that the larger size of the Rochelle had a psychological effect of making it seem that the buttons were more widely spaced?

I was very surprised to read this because I knew that Wim had designed the Rochelle to have the same button size and spacing as a vintage Wheatstone, but my Rochelles were at the shop, and the Wheatstone at home so I couldn't compare them to verify that.

Now that I've had them together, and measured the buttons/spacing, I can report that they are indeed the same, but the button diameter on the Clover (that I have in stock at the shop) is slightly smaller than that on a Wheatstone, or a Rochelle.

Yes it was a Clover I was making the size comparison with.

I have played some other top end concertinas, but wasn't able to make measurements.

I was very surprised to read this because I knew that Wim had designed the Rochelle to have the same button size and spacing as a vintage Wheatstone, but my Rochelles were at the shop, and the Wheatstone at home so I couldn't compare them to verify that.

Now that I've had them together, and measured the buttons/spacing, I can report that they are indeed the same, but the button diameter on the Clover (that I have in stock at the shop) is slightly smaller than that on a Wheatstone, or a Rochelle.

• 2 months later...

I've read all posts concerning to Clover but I've got questions about its soun, the way the leather belows work, the response, the speed, volume across the different scales... and the nearest clover -I think- is at least 2000 Km from home... Can anybody help me? Greetings from La Mancha, Spain.