Hard Case

I just bought the Hardigg case Here for $44.95, free shipping.

Does it fit? I took my 'tina to the dealer today, and the case would have been perfect, length and width, but needed another inch in depth. Built like a tank, but I could not put any padding in, and that meant the wood and bellows would be scuffing on the bare plastic.

NNY

I just bought the Hardigg case Here for $44.95, free shipping.

Does it fit? I took my 'tina to the dealer today, and the case would have been perfect, length and width, but needed another inch in depth. Built like a tank, but I could not put any padding in, and that meant the wood and bellows would be scuffing on the bare plastic.

NNY

I haven't received it yet, just ordered it.

What are the dimensions of yours? Across the flat sides, corner to corner and width when closed?

Mine is 6.25 X 7.5 X 6.5 inches

I ask because the order was cancelled due to technicalities. If it's not going to fit, now's the time to rethink.

Thanks

Edited by drbones

About ten years ago I purchased a lovely leather ladies vanity case large enough for two concertinas. It cost £25 at auction, but a identical one went recently made out of simulated leather for about £40, featured on Antiques Bargain Hunt. When I first opened it it smelled as if a whole bottle of perfume had been spilled into it and took me ages to get rid of the smell.I took out the lipstick tray and mirror as I did not need either,certainly I did not want to watch myself playing and the lipstick was banned after the pink beads evening.

I love the leather box ,it is much admired and I have only seen one other leather box like it. Vanity cases are well worth investigating, the American Carrying case is very similar to some vanity cases I have seen and one I purchased for a concertina with no box is very sound , lined and metal corner protected.£10 in a Charity Shop.

Al

The critical dimension was the depth of the box. My 'tina is octagonal, and is about 7 1/4 across the fretwork.

So yours is an inch taller when sitting on it's side. That should give mine enough room for padding.

Thanks for the info. Nice looking tina by the way.