What tunes 'suit' the anglo concertina?

LDT

This feet tapping is part of the Central France Tradition particularly in the Auvergne where the Pipers wear bells on their legs a beat out the rhythm as they play. If any of you hear Mel Stevens playing on the Rosbif albums or any of the French Traditional playing, the jangly sound is the combination of the hurdy gurdy and the bells.

Al

Looking forward to a demonstration... and seeing if the rest of the room can guess when to change key!

ps can't resist offering this one too, which shows how the Bretons are so much more advanced than tina players in terms of playing bass/treble on both left and right feet :rolleyes:

Reminds me of Jean Megly, playing his Crane duet. Can't remember whether he tapped both bass and treble, though.

A little bit of the usual foot tapping for a beginners tune, just written

All on the same row (played here in G )

About ten minutes work, but I hope it does not sound too much like it

started straight away (on the left hand)! Then I heard those deep chords coming in.... :blink: ... have to start again.

My hearing is getting worse - did I hear Rod say he was giving away two G D concertinas for free? :lol: :lol: I'll have the Jeffries and LDT can have the Clane (from China)one. :D

I know I haven't posted for ages on here sensibly. But here it goes a serious question.

Can you list the tunes that are most suited to playing on a C/G anglo concertina if you play keeping melody on the right hand?

Looking for ones that sit comfortably and don't end up going too far towards dog whistle end of the spectrum. lol!

Hi LDT and Others First keep up the concertina practise,there are many Melodeon players who would like to play a concertina.

A great help for me was joining the West Country Concertinas.They have some excelent resident Anglo Tutors (Thanks Hilda)as well as guest tutors like John Kirkpatrick,Brian Peters,Andy Turner ,to name a few.

Here are a some tunes that in my opinion lay well on the home rows of the Anglo -- Lord of the Dance with Davy Knick Knack,Donkey Riding,Princess Royal with Portsmouth,keel Row with Kafoozalum,Nellie the Elephant,British Grenadiers,Uncle Bernard's.

All the best Bob

Edited by KelTekgolow