Brian Peters in Seatlle, 2011

I'll be appearing in concert in Seattle next February, and have been offered the chance to give a workshop at the Dusty Strings music store. What I need to know is, are there any anglo players in that corner of the North West that might be interested in learning the anglo, English-style? Or do you know any anglo players in the area? If there are box players around but not many anglos, I could conceivably focus on English dance music for any system, instead.

Bill N has written a nice account of my recent workshop in Ontario, here: http://www.concertina.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=11679&view=getlastpost

I'll be appearing in concert in Seattle next February, and have been offered the chance to give a workshop at the Dusty Strings music store. What I need to know is, are there any anglo players in that corner of the North West that might be interested in learning the anglo, English-style? Or do you know any anglo players in the area? If there are box players around but not many anglos, I could conceivably focus on English dance music for any system, instead.

There are definitely anglo players in Seattle and surroundings. Some are even members here on concertina.net. How many of them already have an interest in "English-style", I don't know, but of those I met several years ago (I'm sure there are more, now), I suspect at least a few would be interested in trying it, even if their main interest is Irish.

Although it currently seems unlikely, if a visit to my siblings could coincide with your workshop, I would definitely hope to attend.

Bill N has written a nice account of my recent workshop in Ontario, here: http://www.concertin...iew=getlastpost

Brian - Wish I could be there! I still get huge pleasure going through your CDs, discovering new tunes and learning them. And your Trunkles continues to elicit admiring comments every time we dance it.

Seattle players - I'll be on Whidby Island in the Seattle area this Saturday with the Foggy Bottom Morris Men as part of the Mossyback XXX Ale. Here's the schedule; hope to see some Cnetters there.

Thanks to both Jims. Ould you mind putting the word around about the workshop, should you be in contact with any possible candidates in the area?

Jim B: I'll be in the Washington DC area next Feb (the Cooks) and also Shepherdstown and Accokeek in early April. Hope to see you there.

Thanks to both Jims. Ould you mind putting the word around about the workshop, should you be in contact with any possible candidates in the area?

Jim B: I'll be in the Washington DC area next Feb (the Cooks) and also Shepherdstown and Accokeek in early April. Hope to see you there.

Great. Missed you this year because of Morris travel!

Any plans to be in the Boston area? We could probably dig up enough players for a decent workshop...

Joshua

Any plans to be in the Boston area? We could probably dig up enough players for a decent workshop...

Joshua

I'm on staff for the Button Box workshop in April next year, so I would think I'd need to be careful about arranging something in Boston too close in time to that. However I do play in Boston pretty regularly, so I could certainly consider your suggestion for a future visit.

Joshua

I'm on staff for the Button Box workshop in April next year, so I would think I'd need to be careful about arranging something in Boston too close in time to that. However I do play in Boston pretty regularly, so I could certainly consider your suggestion for a future visit.

...and in the meantime, I was planning on going to the Northeast Concertina Workshop anyway, so that's very good to know. Are you following it up with an appearance at NEFFA again? More to look forward to, if so.

jdms

I heard about the february concert while on the ferry. I think I would be interested.

there's a few of us about the peninsula , from the ferry I know Marcus Lang who plays Morse #500 a G/D anglo.

but I don't believe he's a member of the forum.

Hi Michael,

My instrument is in C/G and I prefer to teach on that, although I have worked something out with G/D players in the past. Please spread the word. What's 'the ferry', anyway?

Brian

Well, darn, I'd be interested if I wasn't hoping/planning on going to the Friday Harbor Irish Retreat next March. I live on the dry side of the state and have made it to a few workshops at Dusty Strings, but don't think I'll make it over the mountains twice during Winter/early spring. We'll see.

Scott

• 4 months later...

Just hoicking this thread (with the name of the town spelt wrong, for gawd's sake) up to the top again, as it's less than a fortnight until I'll be in Seattle for the concertina workshop at Dusty Strings (1.30 - 3.30pm) and evening concert for the Folklore Society.

Workshop:

http://www.dustystrings.com/workshopsandevents/musicschool/workshops/accordionconcertina/tabid/839/Default.aspx

Concert:

http://www.seafolklore.org/folksche.html

I'll also be performing at the Island Music Center on Bainbridge Island Sunday afternoon:

http://www.islandmusic.org/

Returning home via Washington DC for a 'Concert at the Cooks' in Laurel MD, then I'll be back across the pond in late March and early April to play again in the DC area, in Pittsburgh and in Princeton, and to teach at the Button Box workshop weekend.

See you there!

smile.gif Mike S Wild pointed out that your name is on the Guest list for Whitby Folk Week 2011 in August but as the programme won't be out for a while there are no details yet .....

will you be performing or running workshops ? biggrin.gif

Well, I'll definitely be performing, and I have offered the management at least one concertina workshop.

At least one reader has had a look at my full tour schedule and noticed that during the February trip I'll also be visiting California, which I should have posted here as well: house or venue concerts in Davis (Feb 16), Sebastopol (18), Anaheim (19) and Berkeley (20). Details at www.brian-peters.co.uk