Stolen Lachaneal Concertina serial 158398

musicalfrawley

Hello Guys of C.net ,

I joined yesterday in the hope that someone, somewhere will help locate my Concertina.

It was Stolen from the Radisson Blu in Galway city on Monday Evening (30/08/10)

Please Help me locate it,

Heres a video of me playing it with some of my mates from College.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zabWiHCSC4

My number is 00353876156629

post-8836-058679600 1284318315_thumb.jpg

Hello Guys of C.net ,

I joined yesterday in the hope that someone, somewhere will help locate my Concertina.

It was Stolen from the Radisson Blu in Galway city on Monday Evening (30/08/10)

Please Help me locate it,

Heres a video of me playing it with some of my mates from College.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=7zabWiHCSC4

My number is 00353876156629

Hi James

I see you have posted some photos of the lost tina on the Facebook Stolen Instrument Gallery. However, as Ed Rennie has notified those of us who have joined the group, you haven't put any details regarding the tina,details of it's loss, details of any special marks/unusual features etc up with the pictures which would help anybody to track it down for you. I think Ed said that he had contacted you via Facebook to post up more details ...so I thought that I would use this means to suggest that you should do that (in case his message hasn't got through to you yet).

Best of luck

Irene

My concertina was returned by the person who was given it by mistake.

Very glad to hear you got it back.

A Mistake by the hotel and they are 100 percent responsible and tryed to make out that the where not.

Never ever give your business to any Radisson hotel branch EVER!

That seems a bit harsh. It also seems to imply certain assumptions which I think are false:

• All the staff at all Radisson hotels -- or at any chain? -- would behave similarly. (My experience will chains of many kinds is that there is considerable local variation. Some individuals are quite helpful, others the opposite.)
  • The staff at any other hotel would of course have behaved differently. (Actually, it's standard legal advice in most countries for companies, employees, and even private individuals to deny responsibility, unless and until specifically advised otherwise by a legal professional. "Admitting" fault can have serious legal and financial consequences, and most employees are not authorized to make such "legal" decisions on their own.)

I know that I wouldn't want someone declaring that I should be punished for someone else's actions, just because we happen to work for the same employer.

A piece of kit I sometimes use when travelling is a Pacsafe. This is a wire mesh cover designed to go over a rucksack, which can then be padlocked to something immovable, such as a radiator in a hotel room or part of the car - I use one of the brackets which the folding rear seats are anchored to. I have one to fit a medium sized rucksack, and in this I can get both a double hard-shell concertina case and a soft padded melodeon backpack. They also have a range of secure bags and cases of various sizes.

Nothing will stop a really determined thief but this will (I hope) deter an opportunist.