How many physicians on concertina.net?

In a recent post, yfried mentioned that she was a physician (doctor). I'm one, too (an anesthesiologist). Any others care to identify themselves? Searching the members on the word "physician" also turns up frw, although I don't see the word on that profile page. Searching on "doctor" turns up a few members with the word in their screen name.

And I'm a retired one who moved from family medicine to Psychotherapy. However I'm not sure of the significance the fact.

There is a long-standing joke about the English Folk Music scene, where the music of the labourng poor is kept alive mainly by teachers, nurses, doctors, social workers, probation officers, librarians, architects and those of other 'middle class' occupation!

Now what would really interest me is the proportion of concertina players compared with the rest of the population who drive and use camper vans. My hunch is that there's higher proportion in the concertina world. Perhaps something to do with an attraction to compact spaces and self sufficiency, everything fitted into a small volume and being under ones own control (well, hopefully so!)?

In a recent post, yfried mentioned that she was a physician (doctor). I'm one, too (an anesthesiologist). Any others care to identify themselves?

Closest I've come to being a physician is majoring in physics. B)

Now what would really interest me is the proportion of concertina players compared with the rest of the population who drive and use camper vans.

I'm not in that category, either. In fact, I consider them unwieldy -- too small on the inside, yet too big on the outside, -- and in general would rather sleep in my I-can-lift-it-with-one-hand tent than in a camper van. B)

Well, I drive a van in which we've fitted a nice double bed with little compartments beneath...it's a great way to tour! In fact, the compact size of the concertina was one major attraction...at the time I was considering concertina or drums (you can see how easy the choice was in the end!)

Well, I drive a van in ..............

the compact size of the concertina was one major attraction...

Fits in with my hunch. I must get round to devising a research project on the topic.

But perhaps not; I'd sooner be playing music.

In a recent post, yfried mentioned that she was a physician (doctor).

Till 18 months ago I used to do phsyics every morning after getting up = arms up toes down etc and sometimes a swim at the local pool. But since I got my leaky box I get all the exercise I need bellowsing it in and out and I don't even need to leave my armchair as I do running on the spot with my feet. It must be because I was an isometric fanatic a long time ago - all thanks to those lazy clever chappies in the Canadian (Air Force - I think) who learnt to fly their desks without getting up. It was an early form of sedentary Commando Trad.

I would really love a camper van if someone wants to get rid of (or even share) one. It would so help my winnebago aches and pains :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

In a recent post, yfried mentioned that she was a physician (doctor). I'm one, too (an anesthesiologist). Any others care to identify themselves? Searching the members on the word "physician" also turns up frw, although I don't see the word on that profile page. Searching on "doctor" turns up a few members with the word in their screen name.

Well, there's always Bertram Levy, right?

I'm a Doctor - but it's Philosophy I'm afraid :D

Afraid? Is that typical of philosophers? I know that the name Kirkegaard translates as "cemetery".

Now there's an epistomological quandary.... or would this be his alter E-go....

Søren Aabye KiErkegaard (5. maj 1813 – 11. november 1855) var en dansk teolog B)

Heh, we were looking at Camper Vans earlier this year (and will likely get one in the next year or two), but decided to spend some money on some work around the house instead.

I don't know if this will help as I do not understand fully - it may be some Merrican dialect and needs bleep subtitles. :lol:

Hi David -

I am a physician - Family Doctor. In addition to seeing patients, I work for the University of Illinois College of Medicine. I have been teaching medical students and resident physicians for the past 16+ years. I love it.

Farion (aka: frw)

:)

I'm a Doctor - but it's Philosophy I'm afraid :D

AL

Me too, Al...in my case the philosophy of rocks (geology). And I have a camper van (an old-fashioned Airstream) which is useful for going to see my favorite rocks--blueschists and ophiolites-- in their native setting (mountains, usually in wine country) when the summer temperature climbs. Unlike Jim's favored tent, my camper has a real bed in it, off the ground--which is useful for old fogies like me. And if it rains, my concertinas don't get damp.