Whitby Week

Just saw this. Anne and I are knocking around. Got soaked this morning. Just about to go out and try and find a session, probably start with the Board Inn. Looking forward to the fireworks tonight.

Chris

Be prepared for worse weather and levees bursting etc - at least you can sing a happy tune!

Luckily living in Whitby meant a dry warm house and clothes to get back to after a day in the rain smile.gif There was a good session in the Stakesby Arms yesterday evening with the Spare Parts Concertina people, plenty of interesting tunes and lots of concertinas of all systems biggrin.gif

Today has dawned sunny so I've two lines of washing out drying and a load of towels in the machine to put out later if it stays fine

Ann

Edited by anlej

Just off for the train. 2 changes to get from Sheffield !

Is that going to Scarborough with the 1 hour bus trip after the rail journey or via Middlesbrough and straight into Whitby Station? smile.gif

Just back from Whitby, where I met Valmai Goodyear, Bryan Creer, Mike Wild (thanks for the help with the suitcase on the train Mike - much appreciated!) , Chas Marshall (a pleasure to meet you Chas), Mary Humphreys and Anahata and various other tina players from this place ... but sadly didn't knowingly bump into anlej or Chris Timson. I also managed to sell a few of Ralphie Jordan's CDs to some of these souls! :rolleyes:

It was a good week.

One of the interesting high spots - the Duet concertina workshop run by Sylvia Needham. The night before we had been discussing it over fish and chips in the flat I was renting, and had decided that we would probably be the only two attenders. It should have appeared in the programme as a Beginner's Workshop - but didn't - and we ended up with 13 Maccann duet players (from lowly fledgling me up to the dizzy heights of playerdom of Iris Bishop), one Hayden player and one Crane player without a box. And I know of at least two other Maccann players who were in the town at the time and weren't at the workshop. A refreshing novelty!! Here's to the next meet!!

Edited by Irene S

anlej it was the Middlesbrough, Darlington change and into Whitby, OK if a bit tricky changing. Good advice given was to get to York then use OAP bus pass to Scarboroufgh or Whitby free!

Nice chat on the train Irene , saw your pics on facebook:)

Ralph's CD was on the mat when we got home, excellent , hope he is OK..

I'm sure you meant Chas Marshall, we met up a couple of times .

Good Irish sessions in Ship and Fishermens', Nice English session led by Mary and Anahata at the Con Club and a cracking workshop with Will Duke on Scan Tester's tunes and style..

Lots to work on this winter.

Edited by michael sam wild

Nice chat on the train Irene

Indeed - good to see you... and even better to get your assistance with that dratted suitcase!

I'm sure you meant Chas Marshall, we met up a couple of times .

Yup - quite correct! And no doubt you saw the proof in the photos I put up on Facebook !! I've amended that. Put it down to mucking about with photos and internet stuff far too late at night after an eight and a half hour train journey ... I should know better!:blink: