video from Sidmouth

gavdav

a quick vid of me, singing with a bit of Concertina (Wheatstone AngloGerma/ duet) at the Woodlands Lawns - not sure who took this!

Love the sound, but the camera didn't pick you up so clearly; I can't always tell what you're singing. Can you tell us what your lyrics are? It seems different from any version of the False Knight that I can discover, though not without similarities.

a quick vid of me, singing with a bit of Concertina (Wheatstone AngloGerma/ duet) at the Woodlands Lawns - not sure who took this!

Love the sound, but the camera didn't pick you up so clearly; I can't always tell what you're singing. Can you tell us what your lyrics are? It seems different from any version of the False Knight that I can discover, though not without similarities.

It is my own composition - leans on the format of the trad. ballad but is based on the true story of the day a very brave, or very foolhardy Canadian artillery captain destroyed himself and an attacking tiger tank to save the rest of my grandad's unit.

Mike - yes, I will be at Whitby - hopefully performing solo but may have a few other things up my sleeve too. all dates on www.gavindavenport.com

Edited by gavdav

I've found these:

Gavin Davenport - Poor Old Horse - Live Sidmouth Folk Week 2010

Jon Boden & The Remnant Kings - Live Sidmouth Folk Week 2010

Jon Boden & The Remnant Kings - Stardust - Live Sidmouth Folk Week 2010

There are over 250 on that channel, of which I don't know any of the names of the musicians. There may be more.

Thanks

Leo :)

Look forward to the gigs , any at The Boardwalk? By the way did you mean Anglo or Duet concertina?

Playing at Bright Phoebus at the Boardwalk on November 2nd in a little showcase spot. The concertina is one of the anglo duet hybrids, but I'm basically just on the Anglo rows here.