Concertina Box Covering

I've just finished re-lining the interior of a nice old basic wooden concertina case using deep red velvet. I was going to just stain and varnish the exterior, but recently I saw an unusual ( at least to me ) covered case. I'm attaching a picture here. The case seemed to be covered using some kind of wallpaper, or possibly drawer lining paper? I couldn't quite tell.

Anyway, it got me thinking about the options for doing something nice with the outside of the case rather than the run of the mill finish. Has anyone else decorated their case in a similar way? I'd love to see pictures just to get some ideas before I decide how to finish this one off.

Thanks,

Michael.

post-8118-019645600 1281085336_thumb.jpg

Bookbinders buckram would be a durable choice, but only available in plain colours. You could cover it in leather, and with gold tooling if you wanted it to be really fancy

There's just a couple of stickers and a badge on my case to cover the odd scuff

post-1957-005665600 1281099007_thumb.jpg

I shall have to smarten it up after seeing the case in Varney's post biggrin.gif

I shall have to smarten it up after seeing the case in Varney's post biggrin.gif

Seems awfully colorful--would Lord Downey approve?

jdms

Seems awfully colorful--would Lord Downey approve?

jdms

It is usually concealed in a tastefully plain black bag biggrin.gif ...... and one rarely gets complaints about the music ...... twice wink.gif