Edeophone for sale on French small ad's site.

Geoff Wooff

Has any one seen this Edeophone advert?

www.leboncoin.fr/instruments_de_musique/125886052.htm?ca=14_s#adview_advise

If you have difficulty with this address then start from www.leboncoin.fr which is an alternative in France to Ebay. To enter this site you need to click on a French department, any will do, then adjust the top boxes for "Toute des France" , "Instruments de musique" and then search concertina.

This is not an auction site but just for "small advertisments" so you would need to contact the seller by phone or email.

This vendor speaks English, I am sure. He describes this Edeophone as being the eariest ever made and says it is a tennor treble.

Have a look.. the price is very reasonable... but I feel I have seen this avertised somewhere else, on ebay.uk, a few months back.

Geoff.

This vendor speaks English, I am sure. He describes this Edeophone as being the eariest ever made and says it is a tennor treble.

Have a look.. the price is very reasonable... but I feel I have seen this avertised somewhere else, on ebay.uk, a few months back.

I thought Chris Algar had the earliest Edeophone, in his private collection. Did he sell it (on ebay.uk?) recently? (If he did and the sale was discussed here, I missed it.) The unusual fretwork is the same as in the photo in this post.

I thought Chris Algar had the earliest Edeophone, in his private collection. Did he sell it (on ebay.uk?) recently? (If he did and the sale was discussed here, I missed it.) The unusual fretwork is the same as in the photo in this post.

Hmmm... yes I suspect a scam here, but usually these "scam" adverts only last one or two days on "Le Bon Coin", this one has been on for quite a while.

However, this is a very usefull site for anything French and carries a huge number of items genuinely for sale.

Geoff.

Hmmm... yes I suspect a scam here, but usually these "scam" adverts only last one or two days on "Le Bon Coin", this one has been on for quite a while.

However, this is a very usefull site for anything French and carries a huge number of items genuinely for sale.

Geoff.

In the French photographs the backcloth looks like the one that Chris uses in many of his eBay postings, and at that asking price........

'If it sounds too good to be true it probably is'

In the French photographs the backcloth looks like the one that Chris uses in many of his eBay postings, and at that asking price........

I looks exactly the same see this one - maybe someone should get in touch with Chris, if it's one that he recently sold, he might know where it went.

I looks exactly the same see this one - maybe someone should get in touch with Chris, if it's one that he recently sold, he might know where it went.

I've emailed Chris about it.

I'm awaiting a reply.

It
is
a
scam

Here's the response to the email query I sent to Chris:

Chris is away at the moment but I have told him about the concertina and apparently it is sitting in his room! He put it on eBay 5-6 months ago but it didn't sell. It isn't up for sale at the moment so someone has lifted the image.

It
is
a
scam

Here's the response to the email query I sent to Chris:

Chris is away at the moment but I have told him about the concertina and apparently it is sitting in his room! He put it on eBay 5-6 months ago but it didn't sell. It isn't up for sale at the moment so someone has lifted the image.

Yes, Chris has a stand at the Sidmouth Folk Festival. I have just returned from the festival. I was speaking to Chris yesterday but not having been near a computer for a few days, I didn't know about this scam involving the Edeophone, or else I would have mentioned it to him. But now he's been told, that's OK.

Chris

hi chris,

can you tell me whereabouts chris' stand is in sidmouth..I

can't find him in the blackmore gardens with the other trade stands?all the best,

simon

Hi Simon

No, he's not in the Blackmore Gardens. He's sharing some space with Glen Titmus violins and Pete Grassby, melodeons, on the ground floor of a building in the High Street, set back from the main road. If you walk up the high street from Blackmore Gardens towards All saints Road and The Radway, it's on the right-hand side and Glen's and Pete's signs are very prominent. Hope this helps!

Cheers

Chris