Seeking advice on taking concertina on a long "trip"...

Yes, a Morse would definitely be a good option, but I'll be tight on money for this trip... but I still have a few weeks left to try to make some extra, so who knows.

The other thing is that it's actually more than a trip, I'm planning on being there from 3 to 6 months, but didn't set any official limit.

It won't be an easy choice, one way or the other...

How about this one?

Rochelle anglo

Yes, a Morse would definitely be a good option, but I'll be tight on money for this trip... but I still have a few weeks left to try to make some extra, so who knows.

The other thing is that it's actually more than a trip, I'm planning on being there from 3 to 6 months, but didn't set any official limit.

It won't be an easy choice, one way or the other...

How about this one?

Rochelle anglo

Well, I know myself, and there's no way I'll end up playing a Rochelle. It will be psychologically, and maybe even physically, impossible to play such an instrument when I got used to a good hybrid and a Dipper. I would end up not playing it and playing the whistle instead, which isn't a bad thing but wouldn't help my concertina skills...

Improving my concertina skills is one of my priorities, but I need to be able to have fun while doing it...

Then take the damn thing. Professional classical musicians travel with instruments worth many thousands of dollars. The Chieftains, Noel Hill, Lunasa -- all travel in and out of many different climates and have to keep a close eye on their instruments. If they can do it so can you. You're a grown up person. Do what makes you happy. You know you'll want to have your Dipper with you. So take it. Don't live your life according to the worst case scenario. If I were you I would take it.

I guess the only way to know is to find someone who's had to claim. Maybe Colin knows of companies that other customers have used in the past while travelling. Or if you are on friendly terms with any professional travelling musicians you could ask them for advice. Or maybe contact someone who has been listed on the Stolen Instruments websites to ask if they had problems with their insurers, but that might be difficult if you don't know them already.