The Late Eigse Mrs Crotty

A few of us had a chat with Dymphna O'Sullivan during the Willie Clancy Summer School lamenting the fact that the Eigse Mrs Crotty no longer took place.I understand that the Kilrush CCE are organising a traditional music festival over the usual weekend ie 13th,14th & 15th August and there are going to be music classes including the concertina.I undertook to try to get as many concertina players there as possible and in Ireland D O'S and a few others will try to create some interest.So if you are considering going over please let me know.You should be able to

get accommodation fairly readily.I may have some room at my house in North Clare but you will need your own transport.Although last years weekend not as lively as the old Eigse we had a few good sessions in Buggles,Crotty's and O'Brien's(?)

PS:The large gap in this posting is caused by a "font type" box appearing as I type.How do I get rid of it?

A few of us had a chat with Dymphna O'Sullivan during the Willie Clancy Summer School lamenting the fact that the Eigse Mrs Crotty no longer took place.I understand that the Kilrush CCE are organising a traditional music festival over the usual weekend ie 13th,14th & 15th August and there are going to be music classes including the concertina.I undertook to try to get as many concertina players there as possible and in Ireland D O'S and a few others will try to create some interest.So if you are considering going over please let me know.You should be able to

get accommodation fairly readily.I may have some room at my house in North Clare but you will need your own transport.Although last years weekend not as lively as the old Eigse we had a few good sessions in Buggles,Crotty's and O'Brien's(?)

PS:The large gap in this posting is caused by a "font type" box appearing as I type.How do I get rid of it?

Mark,

I'm already booked in & will be there. As you say, last yer was a bit thin but it looks like there'll be more going on this year - tho Tom's absence will leave a huge gap.

Chris