Noel Hill Concertina Week in Oregon

Geraghty

Hi

I am going there and have been there before. It is a wonderful event. The Tilikum retreat center is an old farm with a small lake and woods. There are coyotes singing at night. It is really a great place to just focus on the classes and tunes we are given to learn. The folks are wonderful, many come back year after year and there are new people too. It is concertina heaven.

Richard

Richard, thanks for the info! I'm really looking forward to it. Maybe you can tell me - are we supposed to receive any information before the event? If I haven't gotten anything by now should I be asking Linda?

I'm also going and have been before. It's a great week, meeting old friends and leaning new tunes. Noel also puts on a wonderful concert for the students during the week. If the weather's not too hot he will most likely hold it in the old school house.

Linda is always very efficient and if you have payed up I'm sure your on the list, although it wouldn't hurt to send Linda an email to check.

Dave

I've been twice (Hi, Richard!) and would love to return when circumstances permit.

Aside from hours of concertina-playing, one of my favorite activities there was getting up early and taking a kayak out onto the lake. If you enjoy that sort of thing, plan accordingly -- bathing suit, footwear you don't mind getting wet, security strap for eyeglasses, etc. I also recommend a flashlight in case you want to walk the trails at night, and insect repellent.

Is anyone else heading to this event, or been there before? This year will be my first time. :)

This will be my 4th time (started playing in 2006). I love the experience!

I think that Bruce McCaskey has put together a wonderful website: http://www.angloplayer.com/index.htm

And, there's information on concertina.net, as well (from 2000) : http://www.concertina.net/nhics2000_west_cw.html