Concertina at Witney, September 25/26

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The International Concertina Association organises a session on the Friday night in the Holly Bush, Corn Street, from 8.00pm. It's free and all concertina players are welcome. This year Dave Townsend will MC it, using a mixture of printed music (including some multi-part arrangements) and well-known tunes. It's a good opportunity to meet other players and pick up ICA membership forms if you might be interested. Dave writes:

'I'll be at the Hollybush from about 7.30 and will MC the evening. It's a great idea to put the music together in one booklet and I'm delighted someone else can do it as I've plenty to do between now and then. I'll send some suitable tunes from the Village Band Books straight to Jon. I'll also have a surprise item on the night. My plan is to mix tunes from the dots, well-known warhorses everyone will know, and songs or tunes from whoever is there. The emphasis will be on informality.

It will be important to get as many people as possible into the room, so anything that can be done to increase the space will be good, maybe moving some tables out if the Landlord is agreable. Also people should be encouraged to either share music stands or just prop the music on a table.

See you there!

All the best

Dave'