2010 English Country Music Weekend

For those unable to attend the recent ECMW, held in Ampthill, (and those who did), there is a 30 minute video, showing highlights from the weekend. The link is here. I attended the weekend, along with C.netters Mike Wild and Chris Timson. It was thoroughly enjoyable. For some reason, I can only see the first 10 minutes of the video. After that, the screen freezes and goes black. :( I hope other viewers have better luck and can see it to the end.

Chris

For those unable to attend the recent ECMW, held in Ampthill, (and those who did), there is a 30 minute video, showing highlights from the weekend. The link is here. I attended the weekend, along with C.netters Mike Wild and Chris Timson. It was thoroughly enjoyable. For some reason, I can only see the first 10 minutes of the video. After that, the screen freezes and goes black. :( I hope other viewers have better luck and can see it to the end.

Chris

From the black darkness let there be light..! over on melnet... where link runs for amazing length of time compared with youtube or go straight to www.amptill.tv

Here is the first of more darknesses which might be entitled:

ECMW Freereeder Meister praps mit Kinesische Harmonika Swan

phew, you will have to be quick to spot the star of this first piece who is sitting right in front of the camera...

Edited by Kautilya

I attended the weekend, along with C.netters Mike Wild and Chris Timson. It was thoroughly enjoyable.

You've missed one or two other C.netters off there Chris! :rolleyes:

For instance, the likes of Valmai Goodyear, Roger Digby (I'm pretty sure he posts on here every so often), Kautilya (as we now know), and myself and Ralphie Jordan (both of whom only attended on the Sunday). I'm pretty sure that there must have been one or two others who I wouldn't know by sight - as an example of that, Mike and I were sitting only a couple of seats apart for most of Sunday, but I didn't find out until I posted some photos up on Facebook on Sunday night and he tagged himself. (No doubt we will get the chance to say Hello in person at Bradfield in a few weeks' time!)

I've checked the video out again - and it plays right through to the end for me. Just wondering if you have problems with your broadband which are causing the darkness for you?

Thanks for the videos Kautilya ... I think I spotted myself at the rear end of the room in the one you were referring to (as well as Will Duke in the foreground).

Just to add to the plethora of memorabilia on Youtube, here's the video of snippets that I cobbled together. It's not too difficult to miss Mike Wild in the foreground (right hand side of frame) in several of the shots.

You will also spot Chris himself and Ralphie Jordan (very fleetingly) in one mini clip - and there's a slightly more extended shot or two of the back of Ralphie playing Matt Norman's bass banjo (great instrument!)

And to echo Chris, although I only attended on Sunday this year, it was a lovely day. Taz Tarry and the others in Redbornestoke Morris deserve hearty thanks for their efforts in organising it, and I'm thoroughly looking forward to finding out what Brightlingsea has to offer next year !B)

Edited by Irene S

I attended the weekend, along with C.netters Mike Wild and Chris Timson. It was thoroughly enjoyable.

You've missed one or two other C.netters off there Chris! :rolleyes:

Just to add to the plethora of memorabilia on Youtube, here's the video of snippets that I cobbled together. It's not too difficult to miss Mike Wild in the foreground (right hand side of frame) in several of the shots.

Whizz compilation! Jealous.

BTW overheard in the (downstairs) men's loo about Brightlingsea ECMW 2011 - possible booking of the QE2 to moor up for those who prefer not to camp!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

So I think we had 13 cnet members Anahata, Chris D, Howard, Martyn, Steve D, Irene S, Ralphie J, ChrisT, Mike W, Valmai G, Kautilya, Roger D. Chas M Anybody else???

Will Duke played a lot but I haven't seen him post here and Tony Engle may have been there

I spotted a few others playing who may or may not posthere but didn't know them or couldn't get to introduce myself ( I did try Irene, honest!). We were all generally playing all the time . One drawback, there was no lull in the music and we couldn't get into the pubs and during the talks it would be rude!

Edited by michael sam wild

They are all audio only!

Here’s the last batch from Sunday afternoon – you can listen in any order and you might find the finale in the middle and bits of football and tennis mixed in…..

I have discovered that if you turn on Dolby Realtek and choose the ‘padded cell’ option (definitely not the” Arena” or” sewer pipe” options), you can reduce the noise of the inmates’ chatter quite significantly!

I should group the earliers with these but a long www list may blow up the system:

this one may be a repeat or just me messing up and using same name for two different cuts......Duh!

These are still struggling to come up:

Ecmw audio Tum tee tum toons ref 3 10006200.wmv

ecmw Moret tum tee tum tee tum toons ref 4 10006200.wmv

Got one!!

and maybe t'other B)

and finally the finaleeee. ( I think) B) B) :blink: :blink:

Edited by Kautilya

I spotted a few others playing who may or may not posthere but didn't know them or couldn't get to introduce myself ( I did try Irene, honest!). We were all generally playing all the time . One drawback, there was no lull in the music and we couldn't get into the pubs and during the talks it would be rude!

You ARE allowed to break off from playing occasionally Mike!! If I'd realised who you were , I would have come and said Hello (but yes, do so agree, not during the talks!!) ;)

So I think we had 13 cnet members.......

Ooh, err. Maths was never my strongpoint. I can't count above five. The weekend was such a blur after I got home - so many people, so many faces and names to remember and when you have been to several consecutive ECMW's, it is hard to recollect afterwards, who was there and which year they were there. That's my excuse, anyway. I sat next to Howard at one point (he plays a Dipper), so I should have included him!

Chris

• 1 month later...