a real pirate tune?

Marien

it is based on a tune from the computer game
- I adapted it to 4/4.

"Real" pirates in a computer game?

I'm not sure you shouldn't be made to walk the plank for confusing fantasy with reality.

As for really real pirate songs, is anyone here familiar with the music of Somalia? :unsure:

- I adapted it to 4/4.

I'm not sure you shouldn't be made to walk the plank for confusing fantasy with reality.

As for really real pirate songs, is anyone here familiar with the music of Somalia? :unsure:

Not necessarily music from Somalia, but pirates from Somalia without concertinas are out there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS8be19DSpc&fmt=18

Thanks

Leo

Of course Jim, real pirates are the ones making good business with computer games for innocent kids...

As for the music I must say that the maker found a tune that fits the culture of pirates "somewhere deep in the carribeans".

• 1 month later...
- I adapted it to 4/4.

Jim,

Late again - many "real" pirate tunes from the 1700 era are quite stubborn. I think there is nothing wrong to use them in a computer game. One of the best Russian folk songs (Korobushka) has been used for Super Mario. It is the one Alan Day calls the Tetris tune.

Computer game tunes have something in common with pirate music - like syncopic 5/4 tunes - and that is that it is weird and making one kind of people nervous and it is addictive to the other kind of people. Not the regular shanty type of music though...

Cheers,

Marien

• 5 weeks later...

Somebody adapt the Castlevania theme!

The Castlevania theme: Vampire Killer

(This may sound more or less like the original Nintendo, depending on the MIDI samples your sound card uses)

There's a legato passage that would probably turn out all right, but I can't see myself doing justice to the staccato bits.

The one I imagine turning out really well is Mario's Underwater Theme.

For daring plumbers among us, I include the dots:

25koah4.gif