Lachenal 20key CG for sale

Dan Worrall

For sale: a Lachenal Anglo-German concertina, serial number 112680 (ca. 1889), rosewood ends, bone buttons, 20 key CG. Restored prior to purchase from Chris Algar in 2005. Plays very well; tuning very good; new pads; bellows in excellent shape.

I bought this instrument while preparing my book on William Kimber. An old photo shows that Kimber played a 20 button CG wooden-ended Anglo in his early days, and whilst I was transcribing his tunes I wanted to hear how that might have sounded (relative to his recordings, which were all made much later, on a metal-ended Jeffries). Chris Algar recommended this one for the purpose, and it turned out to be an excellent player for its type (Chris reckoned that it was among the best of the 20 button Lachenals that he had seen). It filled the bill perfectly. I have not played it much since that time, and iit would make a very fine student instrument for anyone learning the classic ways of playing the concertina.

$800 US; will ship, but shipping and insurance extra. Donation to concertina.net upon sale. Please send me a PM if interested.

Kind regards,

Dan

Edited by Dan Worrall

• 3 years later...