Sign in to follow this  
Greg Jowaisas

Bb/F 26b Jones concertina

For sale:

Bb/F 26b Jones with 5 fold bellows and steel reeds. I've reconditioned this concertina with new pads, valves and a bellows rebind. The bellows are airtight and sport new papers. The instrument is in tune A=440 standard pitch.

The concertina plays well and has the warm sound associated with Jones broad steel reeds.

$1200. USD + shipping and insurance.

PM me with questions, for additional pics etc.

Greg

For sale:

Bb/F 26b Jones with 5 fold bellows and steel reeds. I've reconditioned this concertina with new pads, valves and a bellows rebind. The bellows are airtight and sport new papers. The instrument is in tune A=440 standard pitch.

The concertina plays well and has the warm sound associated with Jones broad steel reeds.

I"m interested in possibly purchasing this instrument. I can be reached at 413 624-3048, or alladd@westmass.com Thanks!

$1200. USD + shipping and insurance.

PM me with questions, for additional pics etc.

Greg

Hi Greg,

Just wanted to ask - were the pictures taken pre-restoration? Seems to be a mix of valve types and button bushings....

How does it sound - any clips?

Michael.

greg is an excellent repairman and craftsman. if he's recommending an instrument, you know it's a keeper!

i recently played a jeffries that he restored. i got to know this jeffries (owned by a friend) before and after greg restored it, and let me tell you it's a whole different animal now! if he can make a jeffries even better, he can definitely find the "hidden spirit" of any lachenal he puts his mind to.

Varney,

In this case bushings were added where necessary. I always match the valves to maximize reed performance. In this case the brown valves were thinner than the white CPL valves. All valves were replaced.

I take my restoration and repair work seriously and always do my best to provide an accurate description.

I've added button bushings to the fretwork at the request of a customer to whom the instrument is going for perusal this week.

Greg