Morris tune

Alan Day

This is played on a Jeffries CG Anglo

The tune is played on both rows. I use a few accidentals to smooth it out a bit but it can be played on a standard twenty button Anglo.

Just listened to it again and I know why I did not post it before as my foot stamping is a bit loud.

Al

This is played on a Jeffries CG Anglo

The tune is played on both rows. I use a few accidentals to smooth it out a bit but it can be played on a standard twenty button Anglo.

Just listened to it again and I know why I did not post it before as my foot stamping is a bit loud.

Al

Brilliant Alan

I'll take any tunes you can throw at me! ... thanks ... more please!

Derek

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Chris

Well in August I celebrate 40 Years playing my concertina

A milestone that may have a bit to do with it.

Al :rolleyes:

40 years? Gosh. Practice makes perfect, then. Glad it's a milestone rather than a millstone! Makes me feel like a raw beginner. Congrats in advance, Al.

Chris

Hi alan

That was very nice. I note it was in C on a C/G.

If you were playing with other Morris musicians who often have D/G melodeons and want it in G, would you go onto a G/D Anglo?

I can play it across both ends and rows on the C/G in G to avoid it getting too squeaky on the G row RHS but the chords and accompaniment are not as rich as yours in key of C where the LHS chords , RHS melody type approach is easier.

What do most Anglo players, playing for Morris with other instruments use -C/G or G/D?

What do most Anglo players, playing for Morris with other instruments use -C/G or G/D?

I play a G/D, and about 90% of the dance sets for our side are in G or D, with an occaisional foray into a minor key just to screw me up! Most (possibly all) of the Morris side players I've met here in Ontario also play G/D instruments.

You are correct Michael I am playing this on my CG box.(Just running up the scale from C row to the G row and back again)

I have only switched to the CG because so many have CG boxes

I can run you one off on the GD Bill if you wish just let me know.

Most of the sessions I go to are GD ones except last night when they were in A, E# and F also

I listened to a number.

Al