Tango

m3838

It's here.

Not full version and not well done, but it's taking too long.

So, ladies and Gentlemen, first in the world attempt to play European Tango with self accompaniment on English Concertina."Last Sunday".

not well done?????

Thanks for sharing - great playing - I like the arrangement - the mixture of full accompaniment, passion and soft and clear parts.

Seems to be missing the last chord, annoyingly.

Ha! It's a fancy shtick they do, to miss resolution. But it should work better with full version, when you hear this resolution a few more times. Anyway, I'm pretty disheartened to listen to it. Sounds choppy, thin, squeaky, lacking power and drive. The real tango is

. It's in the same key, so I sometimes played it with the Youtube version. Russian version is
, in different key. The music, if somebody wants it, can be provided, "arranged" for EC, which means I fiddled with the low clarinet line and with the accompaniment, trying to bring thickness into the treble part etc. Mechanical work.

Thanks to all who thinks it's good though. Glad I could pass Erzhy's emotion on to you. biggrin.gif

It's here.

Not full version and not well done, but it's taking too long.

So, ladies and Gentlemen, first in the world attempt to play European Tango with self accompaniment on English Concertina."Last Sunday".

Thanks for posting this beautiful Polish song "Ostatnia Niedziela". I like the way you play it ;) . Coincidently I have been playing the same song on the Crane on 15 May in Poland (so not on an english concertina) B) . To be honoust, it may be less coincidental as I prepared a nice polish song to play in Warszawa...

A nice old recording (not concertina) of this song is

on youtube.

Beautiful music often is connected to the black pages of human history. There is some information about the history of the song on the youttube link.

marien

Thanks for posting this beautiful Polish song "Ostatnia Niedziela". I like the way you play it ;)

Thanks.

By the way, may be you can give us correct translation of the Tango in English.

"Ostatnia Niedzielya" doesn't really translate as " the last Sunday". "Last" implies "past" or "one, that just past" as well as "the only remaining". But what would be the English equivalent of "Ostatnya"?

Yes, Erzhy Peterburgsky's life was an interesting one. He was of Jewish descent, famous musician in Poland. When Germany and USSR invaded Poland, he was in the Eastern part, occupied by Red Army and survived. Not only did he survived, his Tangos became cultural emblem of Soviet Music. He created jazz orchestra of Belarus, wrote cult war song "

", joined Polish Airforce as Musical Radio program host in Africa and ended up in Palestine. Then for 20 years toured Latin America and in his 70ies returned to Poland, married and lived there for 10 more years. His friend and collaborator Gold died in Treblinka. But before he was conducting Camp's orchestra, playing fairwells to prisoners led to gas chambers (Nazis were fond of such elegancies).

But Erzhy's music lives and probably will outlive all of us and hopefully all of our grand children.

Further on last sunday on wednesday...

In the context of an inevitable separation between two lovers the title could mean “This Is Our Last Sunday”. I do not speak Polish but I asked one of my friends in Warszawa and he directed me to this site....

For the case the site will be out of the air in the future, here is a translation of some more lines:

“This is our last Sunday,

today we shall say goodbye,

today we shall separate

for all times.

This is our last Sunday,

so share these moments with me,

look more tenderly at me,

this very last time.”

==================================

Hoping this helps,

Marien

The music, if somebody wants it, can be provided, "arranged" for EC, which means I fiddled with the low clarinet line and with the accompaniment, trying to bring thickness into the treble part etc

I think that it's a beautiful tune, splendid arrangement and wonderful, sensitive playing.

I'd love the music if you would be so kind to post or mail it.

Jeremy

The music, if somebody wants it, can be provided, "arranged" for EC, which means I fiddled with the low clarinet line and with the accompaniment, trying to bring thickness into the treble part etc

I think that it's a beautiful tune, splendid arrangement and wonderful, sensitive playing.

I'd love the music if you would be so kind to post or mail it.

Jeremy

My next stage of the Tango "

" by Erzhy Peterburgsky, 1933 (ish). It's a Youtube video. Solo EC, full arrangement with self-accompaniment.

Still working on presentable sheet music, as I was using two scores by different arrangers.

My next stage of the Tango "

" by Erzhy Peterburgsky, 1933 (ish). It's a Youtube video. Solo EC, full arrangement with self-accompaniment.

Still working on presentable sheet music, as I was using two scores by different arrangers.

That's really good and on a Jackie too B)

Are you sure it's not a photoshop and lip synced?

Thanks

Leo :D

Hmm.

Got pampered plenty. Thanks everybody.

I'd call it "blocking +". Now it's on to "polish".

In the meanwhile I'm looking for sheet music for "I'll wait for you" from "Sherbourg Umbrellas". It's all because of Randy. His fault.

Found plenty renditions for piano and guitar - nothing works so far. Guitar is too high and too low, but if those lines are put closer, they stop working. Plus those long basses are just ugly on concertina. They also like to do arpeggios underneath the melody - so-so. Piano just doesn't work, simply. Interestingly, that Tango fell right on and I learned it in a week.