Have I got News for you

Don't forget to mention Kate Bush and Alistair Anderson - there was slightly more to the scene than just the concertina! (And a rather strange clip it was - what was he doing in the scene? And what a strange way of playing the instrument! )

Don't forget to mention Kate Bush and Alistair Anderson - there was slightly more to the scene than just the concertina! (And a rather strange clip it was - what was he doing in the scene? And what a strange way of playing the instrument! )

And actually 1980s AA did look suprisingly like our still-hanging-on-to-the-keys-of-no-10 Prime Minister!

IIRC Alistair Anderson played on more than one song for Kate Bush: and I guess the slightly weird angle was down to the old truism in TV that if the needs of music clash with the needs of the visuals, it's always the music that suffers :)

Ha! Count on Leo for youtube links! That could have saved me some trouble earlier today...

2:10 is a bit late... try 2:02 (ain't that a trick?)

And here's the

-- our man Alistair really gets a groove on, eh? =)

2:10 is a bit late... try 2:02 (ain't that a trick?)

Slow computer? Time zone difference? :unsure: :ph34r:

I could never get the #t= to work correctly <_<

Thanks

Leo :huh:

Edited by Leo

Slow computer? Time zone difference? :unsure: :ph34r:

I could never get the #t= to work correctly <_<

Yeah, I noticed it breaks if you put your &fmt=18 in front of it. And does that still make a difference these days? I mean, it seems like they automatically pick the resolution now anyway, based on the size you set it for.

Yeah, I noticed it breaks if you put your &fmt=18 in front of it. And does that still make a difference these days? I mean, it seems like they automatically pick the resolution now anyway, based on the size you set it for.

Hi Ransom

For most normal usage, no it's not necessary. Since the majority of the members here are musicians, and are interested in listening, It's still the easiest option to force the slightly better video and stereo if available, MP4 audio without degrading playback speed on a slow connection.

Thanks

Leo :)

Good Grief...What a weird clip.

Kate can play all of one chord on a Ukelele.

Bass player is the spitting image of Benny Andersson from ABBA.

And towards the end, Alistairs English morphs into set of Uillean pipes!

Priceless!

Mind you it was imprssive how full toned that one chord was. Sounded almost like an autoharp...