Bb/f Anglo For Sale

gavdav

John Crabb, 1889 31 key (Bb/Bb drone on left thumb) for sale. This is a beautiful looking, sounding and playing box, and just about everyone who has ever played it has fallen in love with it.

It is almost all original, with nickel ends, bone buttons and gold tooled leather bellows. It was fully overhauled and tuned by Andy Norman about 18 months ago, who placed an insurance value of £3500 sterling on it, and described its performance as better than new.

I've put this up for sale a few times (Was recently on slae at the Music Room, UK for £3000), then ended up not wanting to part with it, but as I play a number of other instruments and this is sitting in its case far too much and should go to someone for whom Concertina is their first instrument. It would suit a singer or someone wanting to play in old keys. The box is fast and responsive with a loud but warm tone.

I would like to get £2200 or a near offer. This is a first quality vintage instrument.

more info and photos can be provided on request.

forgot to say: I'd also consider takign a good quality accordion reeded concertina in part exchange against this if someone is looking to upgrade. C/G preferably but G/D considered. e.g. Marcus, norman, tedrow, etc.

• 1 month later...

apologies to all those who tried to email me over this - I thought I'd got zero response, then checked the email account to which my mail is actually forwarded. <cue embarrassment>

For those who enquired, the box is still available, and those wishing to contact me should use the following address

gavindavenport@argonaut-sheffield.com

I'll take photos this weekend and forward them to those who enquired.

all the best

Gavin