Wanted: D/a Anglo

AlexCJones

My friend, professional folk musician Tom Kastle, is interested in a (used) D/A Anglo.

He is not currently a Concertina.net member, though I have been trying to convince him to be, since he plays concertina on several albums/CD, in concert and teaches Concertina. He and his co-musician and wife Chris are very busy, so they might not have had the time.

Anyway, if this ad leads him to such an instrument, then I'll make a contribution.

- Alex

Edited by AlexCJones

My friend, professional folk musician Tom Kastle, is interested in a (used) D/A Anglo.

I'm curious. Why has he decided to get a D/A now, when he's obviously been playing for years?

I don't know. Let me think here...

Concertina is not his only instrument. He plays bass guitar, guitar, octave-mandolin and sings. He does not work the concertina in to every song he plays. I gather that he mostly works his C/G anglo into songs in the keys of C, G, A minor and E minor, and I guess maybe he wants to start working it into songs in D and A. Just a guess.

I'm curious.  Why has he decided to get a D/A now, when he's obviously been playing for years?
I don't know. Let me think here...

I gather that he mostly works his C/G anglo into songs in the keys of C, G, A minor and E minor, and I guess maybe he wants to start working it into songs in D and A. Just a guess.

If that's the case (I'd still be interested in what he says, rather than a guess on your part), maybe he should consider learning to play his C/G in the keys of D and A. 'Tain't that hard, if it's a 30-button. Eb & Bb can also be nice.

Then again, Bb/F, A/E, and G/D can all be nice instruments, too. D/A is quite rare.

Apat from a few other 'tinas, I have a 36 button Wheatstone in D/A. It has 10 (yes, ten) fold bellows. Serial no. 58250. I can understand why your friend would like to get a D/A. It is much easier when playing form sheet music with one to three sharps. A lot of Irish and other songs are written in D/A, I suppose for fiddle etc. I thought I would keep this one for a while specifically for this reason, but if someone is particularly interested I may consider selling it...use the e-mail tab to contact me

Regards

Vic Tromp

Edited by vic227

• 1 month later...