First Video with Zoom Q3

I just got a Zoom Q3 off eBay . It was factory refurbished and cost £145

http://www.gear4music.com/Recording-and-Computers/Zoom-Q3-Handy-Video-Recorder-with-built-in-Stereo-Microphone/BIE

I've never done anything like home recording on my own so this is a first shot. It's also on the Crabb 40 button I recently got and the 9/8 slip jig is a bit tricky on the unfamiliar button layout .

I found it a very simple device and superbly designed ( so far)..

it's got built in soft ware and a USB is slotted in the device .

It also has an audio only setting and takes a tripod so should be good for sessions.

Thanks to all the advice on other discussions which led me to this model.smile.gif

http://www.youtube.c...ser/mikesamwild

Any help with the name of the tune? Locally we think it's Wheels of the World but there's a reel by that name too.

Edited by michael sam wild

I learned it from Tim Collins in a workshop a couple of years ago. Taim in Arrears

Gearoid OhAllmhurain taught it to us in 05. There were words to the tune - about a fellow who'd settled his tab at the pub - and then got to drinking some more -

It sounds a bit like the song I'll Tread on the Tail of your Coat too.

I took that one off and put on The Fairies Hornpipe as I've got a bit more familiar with the Zoom. There are quite a few things to think about like angle, lighting, background noise from appliances, people pulling funny faces behind you, embarassing household objects or dirty plates, and Smile!smile.gif