Duet International Update

Just to give you a progress report on this project.

This collection is now a definite 3 CD set as Anglo and English. There have been and are a few delays on artists having health ,or other problems, but we are slowly getting there. Graham is predicting a June release , but I shall wait and see. My part in this project is nearly complete apart from a few loose ends. After nearly two years work the light is clearly visible at the end of the tunnel.

I am very happy with this collection ,there will be a wide range of music to suit most tastes and will include some interesting archives from old masters of the instrument.

When finalised a full list of artists will be posted here.

Thanks to you all for your suggestions and help.

Al

Just to give you a progress report on this project.

This collection is now a definite 3 CD set as Anglo and English. There have been and are a few delays on artists having health ,or other problems, but we are slowly getting there. Graham is predicting a June release , but I shall wait and see. My part in this project is nearly complete apart from a few loose ends. After nearly two years work the light is clearly visible at the end of the tunnel.

I am very happy with this collection ,there will be a wide range of music to suit most tastes and will include some interesting archives from old masters of the instrument.

When finalised a full list of artists will be posted here.

Thanks to you all for your suggestions and help.

Al

Well done that chap/s!

Will E Mail my CV shortly, and a gormless picture as well!

(I don't do pics normally!)

Ralphie

• 2 months later...

Well there have been a number of delays with artists being late with their recordings, in fact the last three I am still waiting for ,but are imminent. That will complete my work on the project and then it is all down to Graham to make his selection of all the recordings we have received and write up the booklet. Most artists have provided their biographies and photos so it will be just a final marathon for Graham to finish it all off. I have a list of forty two names of recordings we have received and this has been reduced down from an estimated contact list of about sixty players. This justifies what I have been doing for nearly two years. The delay has been good for certain players who were not up to the grade (against what we had received)but have practised like mad and provided some brilliant work. We are over subscribed for even three CDs but such is the quality of playing that I am certainly pleased I shall not have the final say as to what goes in the collection.

Graham is now in the middle of his festival work and fitting in a slot to go through the hours of work he has to do is difficult, but I estimate now that we shall probably release about Sept almost exactly the timing of previous Internationals.

I think it will be well worth the wait.

As soon as the final selection has been made, or any other info I will announce it on here.

Al