Work in Progress Duet Style

Dirge

If Wendy and Randy are brave enough to post unfinished pieces then I can too.

debussy.mp3

I realize the credits were showing before I got to the theatre,

but I want to add my applause here, Dirge.

I listened to this piece three times through

with great pleasure and no little astonishment.

I had no idea that this sort of music could be performed on a concertina,

and your playing seems quite wonderful to me.

I have no aspirations to such accomplishments

(I'm pleased just to be playing "Summertime" a'la Alan Day's tutorial)

but I enjoy and admire yours enormously.

Thank you very much for sharing it with us.

Shas

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Shas that's really nice of you. I'm glad you liked it.

Editted to add: You certainly are working your way through all the Cnet back issues, aren't you!

Edited by Dirge

Now being aware of this thread, I must confess my admiration too. Never imagined a complex piece like this (one of my all-time-favourites) sounding that great on concertina...

B.t.w., you're only wrong with the "Crotales", which are apparently bell-like percussion instruments. Or did I miss a joke?

Edited by blue eyed sailor

Now being aware of this thread, I must confess my admiration too. Never imagined a complex piece like this (one of my all-time-favourites) sounding that great on concertina...

B.t.w., you're only wrong with the "Crotales", which are apparently bell-like percussion instruments. Or did I miss a joke?

That was a joke, and if I remember rightly so weedy that no one even commented on it. And thank you.

That was a joke, and if I remember rightly so weedy that no one even commented on it.

So thank you - again, aside from your inspiring playing - for letting me learn both about those strange instrumnents and the abilities of my fellow forum members to tell a weedy joke from unexpected news!

I'll improve on that myself, I promise... :)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have just discovered that Dirge and other people have put tunes playing the duet, it is wonderful! I was a time ago thinking about put something playing by my self, not for the quality, but for discussing about technical approachs for playing, but I finally didn't because I made so many mistakes that I needed to put more time for playing for recording it properly (when alone it works well but for recording the performance was much worse) and I didn't have time then.