Took a deeper plunge today, instrument-wise

I just placed a deposit down on a new Wakker A4 Anglo. Does anyone on here own one of these? I'd love to hear your impressions of the instrument.

I have one of these--instrument no. 0885.

I own three anglos, a C/G 45 key C Jeffries (Aldershot Rd), a G/D Wakker 'rebuild' H. Crabb reeded instrument and the C/G Wakker A4. I use to spend most of my time with the Jeffries, which plays very quickly and has a clear, strong voice. The G/D Wakker/Crabb is great for sessions--being a very light and quick instrument with a voice that carries and plays with the ease of a C/G.

Both these are very nice instruments I'm pleased to own. At this point though, I spend most of my time with the A4. The A4 is very light, speaks quickly and carries well. I suppose the low weight of the A4 is perhaps the feature I noticed immediately when I'd first tried the instrument.

The A4 came to me as I was visiting Barleycorn Concertinas to review a number of Wakker Phoenix concertinas Chris Algar had recently received. The Phoenix instruments were very nice--I was intending to pick one of these up as a '2nd' instrument so I wouldn't be without when the Jeffries needed a bit of servicing attention and/or for use when travelling.

Instead, I came away with the A4, which Chris just happened to have on hand. While the Phoenix are great, and I'd be happy to own one (difficult to justify to my bank manager with the other 3 instruments in the house...), the A4 is clearly a different kind of instrument. And, I've been surprised to find that my intention to find a '2nd' instrument has resulted in a '1st'....

The short of it, congratulations on placing your order--you'll be delighted with it. The trouble now is, the wait!